+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Meanwhile the BBC get it wrong again. Get abused, convert to Islam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtU...channel=GBNews

Politics want to focus on Islam issues?

Surreal
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 06-03-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Meanwhile the BBC get it wrong again. Get abused, convert to Islam.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUtU...channel=GBNews

Politics want to focus on Islam issues?

Surreal
    Lol! So now you’re holding up GBNews - the most politically motivated and biased broadcasting organisation of all time - as an arbiter of truth and a ‘watchdog’ for the BBC. That truly is ‘surreal’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol! So now you’re holding up GBNews - the most politically motivated and biased broadcasting organisation of all time - as an arbiter of truth and a ‘watchdog’ for the BBC. That truly is ‘surreal’.
    BUT have you fact checked the issue or even watched the vid? I doubt the latter and know you haven’t done the former. I will be doing this evening, not because of the subject matter or because I am pro TTR but because its more revealing to do so than shoot the messenger (or for that matter calling anyone who disagrees with you Nazis or gammons). If I find TTRs assertion to be a load of old cobblers I’ll report back, if not I’ll do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    BUT have you fact checked the issue or even watched the vid? I doubt the latter and know you haven’t done the former. I will be doing this evening, not because of the subject matter or because I am pro TTR but because its more revealing to do so than shoot the messenger (or for that matter calling anyone who disagrees with you Nazis or gammons). If I find TTRs assertion to be a load of old cobblers I’ll report back, if not I’ll do the same
    No…neither have I read ‘The Sun’ today for much the same reason, and if you think I call people ‘Nazis’ or ‘Gammons’ then you’re mistakenly confused.
    Not my style, as I don’t think it helps anyone, so you might want to withdraw that one…and it’s not about being ‘pro’ (or anti) TTR…my point is about the credibility of any broadcasting organisation when the majority of their contributors are made up of discredited Tories and Brexit campaigners.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 06-03-2024 at 10:18 AM.

I think the reference to calling people "Nazis and gammons" is aimed at the pilot, not the rear gunner 😄.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think the reference to calling people "Nazis and gammons" is aimed at the pilot, not the rear gunner ��.
    In which case, replying to me and referring to - ‘calling anyone who disagrees with YOU Nazis or gammons’ - seems, as I said, either confused or out of order wouldn’t you agree?

IMO, Swale has said, clearly, that according to the Home Office, white under 30s form the majority of the groomers, not Asian grooming gangs.

He has also said, forcefully, that most of the problems in gaining convictions is that the police, social services etc, whether the perpetrators be white, brown, black or pink with yellow spots, fail to take the victims seriously.

Just maybe, he didn't mention demographics as they appear to be irrelevant here. The problem, apart from the fact that the perps shouldn't have done what they did.... is that the authorities blamed the victims and didn't do their jobs properly.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    In which case, replying to me and referring to - ‘calling anyone who disagrees with YOU Nazis or gammons’ - seems, as I said, either confused or out of order wouldn’t you agree?
    Confused. It didn’t confuse GP.

The reference was more specifically to Swale (on here) and an army (air force) of similar left-minded folk who pollute the internet with such insults instead of providing a rebuttal to right-leaning assertions. Not saying there isn’t a load of b*****ks from the right-leaners but I thought, to quote yourself, ‘you (to be dead clear not you personally) are better than that

See as a great example of a reasonable response, MA’s recent post which, while I don’t agree with some of it, at least offers some thought through stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Confused. It didn’t confuse GP.

The reference was more specifically to Swale (on here) and an army (air force) of similar left-minded folk who pollute the internet with such insults instead of providing a rebuttal to right-leaning assertions. Not saying there isn’t a load of b*****ks from the right-leaners but I thought, to quote yourself, ‘you (to be dead clear not you personally) are better than that
    Clear as mud that, AF. A simple ‘sorry, I got the wrong target’ would suffice but heh ho.

Agree about MA’s response but the problem, imo, is that a reasonable and objective thread is being turned into an anti Muslim rant by one person in the same way as Right wingers as a whole will attempt to sidetrack away from what should be the main electoral issues by turning divisive and disproportionate attention towards Muslims and migrants.

We can expect a lot more of this from the populists, the hard core Brexiteers and the extreme Right, including GBNews, when what we should really be considering are, to be ultra topical today, such matters as the future of our nation and such issues as the NHS/public spending v tax cuts, Green issues and foreign policy. To that extent this forum is simply becoming a microcosm of society as a whole…all sound and fury and very little reason.

It's time for the reintroduction of ye, thee and thou so that there is a more clear distinction between you (singular) and you (plural). You, be it nominative or dative, seems a bit overused and needs to catch a break here.

And so to the budget. An odd one, don't like the NI cut as I don't benefit from it! But designed to win a few votes from those who don't think too hard about it. In a move that is a bit odd for pro enterprise Tories, it's just shifting a bigger proportion of the cost of public services onto the employer which in the long run will fuel inflation and eat up the 450 pa cut in tax burden paid by average Joe Public.

Not really a major pre election vote buying giveaway thankfully, just a few positive noises some may fall for. Do like the equity in the change to high income earners child benefit rules: been a long time coming that one.

Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)