+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Found out? How have I been found out? .
    It was just a turn of phrase

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It was just a turn of phrase
    Ah…the old ‘just joshing’ strategy again .

GB News feels increasingly like a space to present uninterrupted Party-Political Broadcasts. That’s despite UK broadcast rules, supposedly enforced by Ofcom, which state that broadcasters – including GB News – must ensure ‘adequate and appropriate levels of due impartiality in its presentation of matters of political controversy and current public policy.’ In December 2023, GB News breached the Ofcom code for the fifth time, and 12 further Ofcom investigations are currently open into the channel.

Yes this feels like a "foil" to other media such as BBC ITV SKY Channel 4, especially as a considerable amount of its output can be shown to be either completely false or at best a rather narrow and distorted version of the facts.

Of course if your one of those people whose bubble is so restricted that you can think the BBC is biased or say that it does not reflect the world you live in then a narrow partisan media might just be up your street!!

HINT - guess what your interpretation of the world might just be your bubble and the real world might possibly be different to what you think it is.
    Last edited by swaledale; 21-03-2024 at 09:59 PM.

Ah…the old ‘just joshing’ strategy again .
    Thanks for reviewing my posts, makes me feel wanted!

Swale: "HINT - guess what your interpretation of the world might just be your bubble and the real world might possibly be different to what you think it is."

If ever there was a more "physician heal thyself" post than this, I've yet to see it 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Thanks for reviewing my posts, makes me feel wanted!
    You’re welcome…happy to be of service.

Ha, ha…well you should certainly know…but, back on topic, it seems you’re in a minority. According to ‘Policy Exchange’ it would appear that the two joint most important issues in the forthcoming General Election will be ‘Bring down inflation to stop the price of household goods rising’ and ‘Reduce NHS waiting lists’. Next comes ‘Build a more self sufficient energy infrastructure’, all long before ‘Stop small boats crossing the Channel’ which has significant support amongst Conservative and Leave voters, especially those over 65 apparently, but little from elsewhere. In 5th place was ‘Reduce taxes to help with the cost of living.’
    I don't know which church fete function tells you your information, but a little factual evidence would help.

Here's mine.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...acing-britain/
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 22-03-2024 at 09:33 AM.

‘The People’s Priorities’ - policy exchange.org.uk
    Pages 8-9/23 bar graphs on ‘one most important issue’
    Inflation 26%
    NHS and Energy self sufficiency both 15%
    Small boats and tax reduction both 12%

When extended to three issues on page 10…
    Inflation 48%
    Energy self sufficiency 38%
    Small boats 28%, but while popular amongst right wingers aged over 65 only appealing to 7% of Labour voters and 8% of younger (18-24 year old) voters.
    Reduce taxes 26-27%

Author, Iain Mansfield. Okay, I didn’t include all the ‘peripherals’ but no ‘cherry picking’ and they’re not my ‘beliefs’…just the more basic findings of an article I read and to extend your football analogy…if small boats are Barnsley they’re a long way behind Inflation (Portsmouth) and the NHS/Energy self sufficiency (Derby).
    so your figures come from a think tank. Perhaps actual asking the population would help.
    Here , try YOUGOV its left wing survey biased site, even they make your claims tosh
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/society/...ng-the-country
    Last edited by Trickytreesreds; 22-03-2024 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Sums up my thoughts...

Attachment 25886
    correct

Heres one from the publics mouth. Brave woman, doing that publicly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9aS...=MahyarTousiTV

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    so your figures come from a think tank. Perhaps actual asking the population would help.
    Here , try YOUGOV its left wing survey biased site, even they make your claims tosh
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/society/...ng-the-country
    Firstly…they’re not my claims and those figures are evidence (and sourced).
    Secondly…where do you think the ‘think tank’ figures came from?
    Thirdly…they’re from a relatively right wing source so why would they distort things in the way you imply?

Sorry to disappoint you and I know it isn’t what you wanted to hear or believe, but the findings of these particular surveys do suggest that, although the ‘small boats’ issue is important to a certain section of the population - over 65 year old Conservatives and Brexiteers - it is relatively insignificant to potential Labour and younger voters.

I repeat, these are not my figures or findings, but as well as being unpopular with those on the left (obviously) and the young…the issue of ‘small boats crossing the channel’ is significantly below issues like inflation/cost of living, the NHS and our nation’s ability to become more energy self sufficient via the adoption of alternative fuel sources, for the majority.

You keep riding along on your increasingly lame hobby horse if you like but these particular findings suggest you’re not on to an election winner.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 22-03-2024 at 10:43 AM.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)