Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
Firstly…they’re not my claims and those figures are evidence (and sourced).
Secondly…where do you think the ‘think tank’ figures came from?
Thirdly…they’re from a relatively right wing source so why would they distort things in the way you imply?

Sorry to disappoint you and I know it isn’t what you wanted to hear or believe, but the findings of these particular surveys do suggest that, although the ‘small boats’ issue is important to a certain section of the population - over 65 year old Conservatives and Brexiteers - it is relatively insignificant to potential Labour and younger voters.

I repeat, these are not my figures or findings, but as well as being unpopular with those on the left (obviously) and the young…the issue of ‘small boats crossing the channel’ is significantly below issues like inflation/cost of living, the NHS and our nation’s ability to become more energy self sufficient via the adoption of alternative fuel sources, for the majority.

You keep riding along on your increasingly lame hobby horse if you like but these particular findings suggest you’re not on to an election winner.
of course, your think tank is correct. I'm amazed you have used a tory think tank, who quite evidently favour mass immigration for the over lords of cheap labour. You are deluded then chap, if you believe Immigration isn't a hot topic. What the Foook do you think the Brexit vote was driven by.
My figures are from the general population sir. They vote at elections, NOT THINK TANKS.

Believe what you want, but economy/health/immigration are the 3 hot potatos in the uk