+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Election Year or Fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just to attribute authorship, this is Allister Heath writing in the Telegraph, not TTR thoughts.
    Efcharistó, GP. They’re easily confused.

Funny, but actually quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Efcharistó, GP. They’re easily confused.

Funny, but actually quite sad.
    Talking of sad,
    Oh the irony, from the black belt 3rd Dan expert on race baiting
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2512532.html

Like a game of race tennis

so you are in Greece this time, not Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Just listened to Rachel Reeves on Kuenssberg. Most convincing politician I’ve listened to for a while…
    She appears not to understand the link between National Insurance and State Pension though, which is a bit worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Just to attribute authorship, this is Allister Heath writing in the Telegraph, not TTR thoughts.
    Mm he hasn't a great track record in either predicting what will happen in politics or it seems actually aware of what the majority of the electorate thinks. In fact he has been wrong so many times over the past couple of years, I'm surprised he still writes this ****e, but I guess you peddle what you get paid for whether you believe it or not.

This attempt to push a hard right philosophy on the basis that the conservative base vote is composed of xenophobes is bizarre and there is no evidence that this is the case. Sure there is a sizeable proportion of the electorate who (i hesitate to say think) would go for this, but its not the vote winner those on the Tory right think it is. One of the benefits of education is that people on the whole tend to take a broader view of issues, not seeing them as a binary choice, elections are won in the centre, certainly in the UK and it will be a while before that changes.

His opinion on Farage is *******s - the guy likes being the outside influencer, he doesn't actually have any policies, has no experience of, or shows any understanding of what governing entails. Its easy to be an agent provocateur, causing mayhem , attacking others, but actually having to do the job himself, he'd cack his pants in the unlikely event he was elected, IF he stands anywhere.

His prediction of the implosion of the Tory party will prove very wide of the mark, there is certainly a sign that the era of 2 party politics is on the wane, but look back to 1997 when the same predictions were made, they were in chaos, but a decade or so later back they came.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    She appears not to understand the link between National Insurance and State Pension though, which is a bit worrying
    It certainly is when you consider that Reeves studied at Oxford and the London school of economics and worked as an economist at the bank of England?
    I liked Reeves standing up to the left idiots in Labour as well. I remember around 10 years ago, she proposed that anyone unemployed for over 2 years, or 1 year if under 25, would be expected to take an offrered paid job, or lose their benefits. She was slaughtered for it within. She called her own constutuency a tinder box, if immigration was not curbed.
    Add that to the fact she's vice chair of Friends for Israel, probably means she won't get the chance to show what's shes made of.
    But thats todays politics for you.

Probably because there is no link and hasn't been for years. NI and tax are just lumped together.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Probably because there is no link and hasn't been for years. NI and tax are just lumped together.
    Exactly. she thought there WAS a link

Exactly. she thought there WAS a link
    Or thought there should be a link? That maybe going back to what NI was invented for might be a good thing?

Mind you knowing her and I've had dealings a while ago, I wouldn't trust a word she says. She might be fiscally responsible, but she is a red Tory and prone to shall we say disinformation or misleading statements?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It certainly is when you consider that Reeves studied at Oxford and the London school of economics and worked as an economist at the bank of England?
    I liked Reeves standing up to the left idiots in Labour as well. I remember around 10 years ago, she proposed that anyone unemployed for over 2 years, or 1 year if under 25, would be expected to take an offrered paid job, or lose their benefits. She was slaughtered for it within. She called her own constutuency a tinder box, if immigration was not curbed.
    Add that to the fact she's vice chair of Friends for Israel, probably means she won't get the chance to show what's shes made of.
    But thats todays politics for you.
    Well there you go, a "genuine" working class plonker liking somebody who is to the right of the right of centre - better do some research son, you might want to query those organisations and individual she has accepted donations from, enemies of the people I would say, well people who ahve a clue whats going on that is.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)