+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Barnsley-v-Leyton Orient

Well I've said on a number of occasions that whilst you can point fingers at the quality of some of these players you can't ever say they don't give their all with plenty of fighting spirit thrown in .

Clearly they love and respect the HC and will play for him all day long , we've seen evidence in recent seasons where that definitely wasn't always the case .

An unexpected three points on 85 minutes .

Well done to everyone .

That was a good show of our fight and doggedness today! We have beaten the form team in the division who were unbeaten in 7 games and hadn't lost this season when going in front! Real character shown to turn that around and with 10 men at 1-1.

After 30 games last season, we were sixth with 56 points – 12 points off the top two.

After 30 games of this campaign, we are fourth with 56 points – four points off the top two.

Although a weaker league this is quite remarkable given the deck of cards handed to Collins in August.
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 10-02-2024 at 06:18 PM.

Wow did we leave it late!

Great 3 points and like some of you other guys have said results gone our way other than the Portsmouth score.

Beat Derby and Bolton and Runners Up spot - Simple !

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    After 30 games last season, we were sixth with 56 points – 12 points off the top two.

After 30 games of this campaign, we are fourth with 56 points – four points off the top two.
    Can you post a league table same time last season Poggy? would be interesting to see the difference in points from the top 3 compared to this season.

Check my last post chops it may explain what you are looking for.

https://www.skysports.com/football/b...-orient/483970

See Connell on these highlights telling Ref about their time wasting so he punishes us and not them.

Dint see the game but huge credit to the lads for a late fightback. A great 3 points was that, am well chuffed

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    https://www.skysports.com/football/b...-orient/483970

See Connell on these highlights telling Ref about their time wasting so he punishes us and not them.
    Obviously we don't know what was said Poggy but it's a questionable sending off.
    Until I saw the highlights I didn't know that we'd been kicking the 'wrong' way. The number of times we struggle when that happens, even though it's been happening all through the years with different players lol.

What a very strange season this is , more often than not it's a tough watch with the flaws in this team openly on display almost every week .

Yet here we are fourth in the league , we've only lost one game away from home all season and have the highest goalscorer in the league leading our attack .

There's hardly a player at the club who would have got in to Stendel's promotion winning team , Cadden and Kane at a push .

It's even more weird than Val's championship play off campaign when there wasn't a single player anybody wanted to buy of us following that 5th placed finish .

78 Championship points and no bids for anyone .

I can hardly bring myself to watch us on ifollow and yet we could win the league , something probably all of us have never seen .

Crackers innit .

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast