+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Barnsley-v-Leyton Orient

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Well said Chop, Collins is doing a fantastic job with a far weaker squad than we had last season and a lot weaker squad than our competitors such as Bolton & Portsmouth etc , there is no "Barnsley way " no club mould it is just an honest coach using his abilities to get the best out of a group of players , the team spirit is outstanding , you only have to see the scenes in the tunnel after the final whistle to see this & if we make the play offs then I will take my hat off to Mr Collins . Talk of sacking him is laughable , he is getting a tune of these lads despite what the owners have done to the squad , it was severely weakened before a ball was kicked & then stripped of the captain and main player on the last day of the summer window , he was given a mountain to climb & in my opinion it might be an impossible task but Collins is certainly giving it his best shot .
    I agree with all you say Shads but it is the "Barnsley Way" that Head Coaches rarely last two seasons.

If Collins has a poor start in the first two months of next season, either struggling in the Championship or failing to make much impact in another Third Division season, fans will get restless and the Board will bring in someone else by late October.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I agree with all you say Shads but it is the "Barnsley Way" that Head Coaches rarely last two seasons.

If Collins has a poor start in the first two months of next season, either struggling in the Championship or failing to make much impact in another Third Division season, fans will get restless and the Board will bring in someone else by late October.
    To be honest SB what you say is true but does that not mirror what happens at 90% of clubs in the EFL , you have only to look at all our neighbours , United, Wednesday , Rotherham & Huddersfield who are all struggling this season have all followed suit & changed their managers during this season , fan pressure maybe , social media pressure which is not only fans from anyone club having their four penneth , but loyalty is a rare thing in football & Barnsley are no different but they are not unique .
    Last edited by Shadrack the Red; 12-02-2024 at 09:36 AM.

We are certainly not unique Shads.

I do feel we are used as a stepping stone by HC's more than at other clubs because, even if they are successful, they don't see us consolidating and progressing at the next level or gradually building a strong team in the same league, so they look elsewhere. Ismael and Duff are recent examples.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We are certainly not unique Shads.

I do feel we are used as a stepping stone by HC's more than at other clubs because, even if they are successful, they don't see us consolidating and progressing at the next level or gradually building a strong team in the same league, so they look elsewhere. Ismael and Duff are recent examples.
    Very true , our owners use head coaches as part of the money making policy, if the coaches fail they are sacked , should they be successful they are sold just like any player who does well, Struber , Val & Duff all turned into profit which is fine but its just a revolving door and if we are ever genuinely looking to progress then when we have a decent HC it might just be worth hanging on to them for a change instead of ringing the cash register .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Why doesn't football play in the summer months full stop Jules ?
    Im sure it would most definitely increase crowds. Kids attending night matches would make it more helpful. Bluddy freezing sometimes SAT there.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456