+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v Gillingham (home)

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

Nemane - 6 . I see a good player and I think the fact he rarely gets subbed, and all managers pick him, shows he is one of our better players (feel free to disagree )
    Got to disagree. Nemane can beat his man comfortably. After he's done that, his decision making is awful and delivery poor. Typical was when, early on, he went into the box and slashed it into the side netting. It didn't get any better from there.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Got to disagree. Nemane can beat his man comfortably. After he's done that, his decision making is awful and delivery poor. Typical was when, early on, he went into the box and slashed it into the side netting. It didn't get any better from there.
    Just 2 assists this season pretty much confirms that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Just 2 assists this season pretty much confirms that as well.
    He's held down that place for over a season and a half, including a record breaking promotion season. Whatever happens from here on in, he goes down as a successful acquisition already. So Durham's position, for example, has to be wrong. But never totally wrong, and it's an opinion that's been worth hearing out. It's not as if AR's been among our top performers. His form used to be steady, but now it's up and down, and capable of falling off a cliff.
    Maybe he thought he had it made after his recent goal burst. Anyway, we need to see what TAR's got. Take a rest, Azza.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    He's held down that place for over a season and a half, including a record breaking promotion season. Whatever happens from here on in, he goes down as a successful acquisition already. So Durham's position, for example, has to be wrong. But never totally wrong, and it's an opinion that's been worth hearing out. It's not as if AR's been among our top performers. His form used to be steady, but now it's up and down, and capable of falling off a cliff.
    Maybe he thought he had it made after his recent goal burst. Anyway, we need to see what TAR's got. Take a rest, Azza.
    It doesn't help when he's asked to play right back for 30 mins. The 4-3-3 tactic playing AN at right back with Jodi playing wide right not only was puzzling but knocked us way off balance when he brought Austin on to play on the left side, with Cameron behind him who i might add is a terrible defender, we had absolutely no threat coming down that side so we were so easy to defend against. We look devoid of any ideas when opposition teams set up to defend deep and close off the space. We simply don't have the energy to be constantly shifting the opposition around by movement.
    In the NL we could do it against those teams but teams in L2 are far better drilled, organized and fitter.
    Keep playing the slow possession based football hoping to break teams down is simply not going to work at this level. Teams know how to stop us and no how to pick us off, and let's face it. We all know how to do it, it's not rocket science

Having watched the match live the. The highlights I am even more frustrated by the inept quality of our defending.

Stone - 4 No chance with first but poor positioning for second, comical for 3rd and near 4th.diesnt command his box, can't punch, rarely comes off his line.

Jones - 6 flashes of brilliant and was again hacked at but tonight his end product was poor and lost his man on goal 2 far too easily.

Baldwin - 6 Best of a bad bunch at the back but still didn't mark well and rarely wins the all important first header.

Cameron - 3 why oh why is he captain? No vision, no leadership, no passion. Poor poor defending , falls over a lot.another who can't win the first header. Only gets a 3 for a couple of Forays into opposition half.

Warner - 4 couple of half decent forward runs but at fault for goal 1 and partially goal 3 , misplaced lots of passes and yet another who doesn't win first header.

Nemane - 4 continues to frustrate me. Lots of running but then stops slows down the attack passes back or puts in an awful cross. Poor defending too.

Bostock - 4 will the old bostock please return? Looks a shadow of himself and contributed very little. Easy short safe passing. Lack of pace, poor in the tackle, looks either bereft of ideas or can't give a toss.

Crowley - 6 awesome in first 15 mins , great goal at the heart of all the good stuff. Then comes the Equalizer and a battle. Not the player for that kind of match and became completely anonymous and the game just passed him by.the goal bumps him upto a 6.

Robertson 7 - my man of the match, at least tries to battle and control midfield and was better going forward tonight but with bostock and Crowley not up for the fight was just too much to do.

Mcgoldrick - 5 can't fault his effort or passion but a striker of his quality needs to put away his chances and create his own. None of his fancy footwork is working and he looks jaded. Time for a rest.

Langstaff - 4.5 Seems to have badly affected by either Luke leaving it possible head turned in January. Lost his eye for goal and had 2 decent chances that he fluffed. More worrying he is not creating any, looks non existent in the air and rarely gets past his marker.

Subs -

O'Brien 3 - granted coming on in a game we had already essentially lost. But wtf ? Ran around like a headless chicken gave away 2 ridiculous balls that nearly put them in again. He really isn't the answer.

Other 1 - score of 4 . Sorry I've even forgot his name he is so anonymous in games apart from the one shot blazed over the bar.

Ref 3 - great start but then gave gills everything , booked bostock for innocuous foul yet let them get away with murder. Booked didzy even though hadn't even seen the tackle and met them time waste beyond all comprehension. The refereeing this year is even worse than National League.

Maynard - he did at least try to change things but once the chips were down went sullen and quiet and no inspiration from dug out. Clueless subs in all 3 games that have made no impacts. Poor after match interview saying gills are a good side? We let one of worst attack in the league put 3 and nearly a 4th last us

Robertson 7. has quickly become our best midfielder. He's being asked to do all the donkey work that Bostock and Crowley can't do. He and Palmer would be great together.

Stone 4. I was hoping he'd turned a corner but he regressed massively last night. Has to be replaced.

Nemane 4. Top end NL bottom end L2 is his level. He's being physically outdone week in week out now.

Cameron 5. He's out captain but has spent more of the season playing moderately than not. It's looking like top end NL is his level, hopefully he'll turn it round.

I feel a bit for Maynard, his midfield options are limited, I'd be inclined to play JOB or Austin as an extra midfielder and Macari as a wing back on Tuesday as we've got to be more resilient.

Stone 4 joke
    Warden 5 potential
    Baldwin 6 not at his best
    Cameron 4 oh dear!
    Nemane 4 flatters to deceive
    Jones 7 good game
    Bostock 5 tired and lazy
    Robertson 6 looking good
    Crowley 5 good goal otherwise nothing
    McGoldrick 5 lost it
    Langstaff 5 didn’t look interested

Austin 4 useless
    O’Brien 5 past it

Maynard out of his depth

Quote Originally Posted by Reynardpie View Post
    Stone 4 joke
    Warden 5 potential
    Baldwin 6 not at his best
    Cameron 4 oh dear!
    Nemane 4 flatters to deceive
    Jones 7 good game
    Bostock 5 tired and lazy
    Robertson 6 looking good
    Crowley 5 good goal otherwise nothing
    McGoldrick 5 lost it
    Langstaff 5 didn’t look interested

Austin 4 useless
    O’Brien 5 past it

Maynard out of his depth
    Short, sharp and to the point. The only amendment I would make is; Maynard out of his depth (but benefit of the doubt for now).

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    He is useless, and i am bewildered as to why he keeps getting his pick in the side...And you can add Bostock to that list as well..

Only going to comment on the standouts.

Stone - Scared to come off his line, probably should have saved the 2nd and definately should have claimed the 3rd.

Nemane - His positioning is just all wrong. He is a winger who doesn't want the ball, he almost never actually dribbles he gets played in behind and runs through and then instantly crosses ( i think he's scared of being slid ) very poor

Defence - Baldwin standout, Warner looked very ropey and got beat in the air repeatedly, Cameron got forward and got in Jones way a lot and as usual barely passed to Jodi. ( also don't actually remember him doing any defender )

very poor performance, brought me back to the Harry Kewell and Neal Ardley days...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast