+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match ratings v Gillingham (home)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Must admit Macca's form is more of a concern to me than McGoldrick. McGoldrick seems to be dropping deeper to get the ball and trying things too far from goal, but at least he's trying things. Macca hasn't seen a lot of the ball in recent games but when he is involved something seems to be missing. His 100% effort is unquestionable, but he's not finding that half yard of space that allowed him to get there before the defender. We need to make the best use of our ample attacking assets, because we don't look like keeping clean sheets.
    Our build ups are too slow and ponderous, which allows the opposition defenders to get back and not give our strikers the space to cause any problems. Last season our counter attacks were quick and precise, enabling the likes of Macca to score the goals, Bostock is one of the main culprits for our forward play being at a snails pace,,,

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The times on Friday when Macca was looking for the thru ball, only for Bostock to pass it back.. Roll on the end of the season, so we can get rid of these donkeys.
    Don’t you think Durham Bostock deserves a bit more respect than you calling him a donkey, he wasn’t a donkey at Wembley was he? basically kept his cool and dragged the team through even if he did miss a pen, yes he hasn’t been good of late, but I think he deserves a bit more respect.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Don’t you think Durham Bostock deserves a bit more respect than you calling him a donkey, he wasn’t a donkey at Wembley was he? basically kept his cool and dragged the team through even if he did miss a pen, yes he hasn’t been good of late, but I think he deserves a bit more respect.
    I thought Bostock did ok. He is missing Palmer more than anyone, hence why he is not looking as good as earlier in the season.

Our build ups are too slow and ponderous, which allows the opposition defenders to get back and not give our strikers the space to cause any problems. Last season our counter attacks were quick and precise, enabling the likes of Macca to score the goals, Bostock is one of the main culprits for our forward play being at a snails pace,,,
    Let’s be honest about this, Bostock has hit a bit of bad form like all players do cut him slack maybe needs dropping to the bench see his reaction?
    On his day JB is a league 1 player easily.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    With 6 as an average performance:

Stone - 5.5 didn't acquit himself particularly well when dealing with crosses. One good save with his legs near the end but game was gone by then anyway.

Warner - 5.5 looks an interesting player but not impeccable tonight. Passing generally good and of a forwards persuasion. More of a Cameron 2.0 than Rawlinson 2.0, which is what we were hoping for.

Baldwin - 5.5 excellent on the ball, composed, just gets 5.5 by default for being the central defender in a performance with numerous defensive calamities.

Cameron - 5.5 we know what to expect by now. The odd run down the left flank, not happy defending against physicality, will flop to the ground when he has a player behind him.

Bostock - 6 didn't play badly but didn't stand out as he did earlier in the season. I wonder if that is because he is out of form or because the things he does look great when you're winning and less great when you're losing.

Robertson - 6 generally a decent performance. Used the ball well bar a nightmare minute in the first half. The potential seems to be there to be a tidy passer with the odd burst of speed and physicality.

Nemane - 5 another frustrating performance from him. Last Saturday he burst past his man at the beginning of the game then didn't force the issue for the rest of the game. Tonight he beat his man all ends up and stopped running to cross from deep with pure green meadow in front of him. 10 mins later he tries to beat two defenders positioned together from a standing start. Not just because of these incidents, but others too, I don't understand his decision making.

Jones - 6 great driving run before laying off to Crowley for the goal, then after that some other promising runs and crosses. Lost his man for one of their goals in the first half though.

Crowley - 6.5 played pretty well. Ran around a lot, some nice moments of skill, really well taken goal.

McGoldrick - 5 probably the most skilful player on the pitch in every match we play but affects the game all too rarely. A peripheral figure again tonight.

Langstaff - 5.5 hard to judge him really as he spends most of his time pressing. Had an actual chance towards the end of the game but didn't get a clean strike away. Took a hopeful shot that McGoldrick would've had a much better strike at near the final whistle. Probably could've given him a 5 too but whatever, I've written it now.

Subs

Austin - 5.5 a flurry of dangerous crosses from his side when he came on, then fizzled out a bit. Might have had a better chance at the back post if his chest control had been better. Lost a runner at a defensive set piece.

JoB - 5.5 nothing memorable really.

Overall - tonight was a great chance to start a clean slate on a lovely pitch with fans behind us and beatable opposition. It looked to be going all to plan but Gillingham just did the basics and we didn't.

Once we go behind it's hard for us to come back into it by trying to play through the massed ranks. I feel like our attacking prowess has been overstated somewhat as lots of our goals and chances have come through crosses from Jones on the left or Crowley one-twoing Nemane in behind the full back. If defences do their homework, we don't have a great deal else.

I'd like to see more shots from distance as we have some great strikers of the ball and a striker who would probably appreciate some penalty area pinball. Deflections and rebounds would be better than the service he generally gets.

This team badly needs a bit of impetus from somewhere, whether that be Cedwyn coming back, Jatta coming in, or a tactical tweak or two.
    in January.

We got a centre mid who’s played 1 game and unfit, a goalkeeper who must be dog waffle to not get in over stone and a striker stuck somewhere near ****ing lapland.
    Get a ****ing grip Notts

Just watched "highlights". Impossible to comment without resort to expletives. If this is really the best Notts we are in serious trouble.

This 100% It doesn't matter if it's Sunday league or Premier League, the pace at which you play the ball is *****. We are slow and pondeous at the moment, Durham is right. This mean really we're relying on individual skill to create something which is why Jones has become so important to us as he's pretty much the only player we have who's going to do this. Stop him and you stop us.

Also as another poster put, Macca did make runs in behind the defence on Friday but not one was put over the top for him to run onto that I can remember. Another massive reason which we all know is the quality of opposition, they're no mugs and neither are the managers. All this has combined with injuries to make this a tough end to the season. We still though have alot of games against teams below us and the lessons the whole club will learn from this season are invaluable. Next season we will be a much different outfit. Happy to learn this season.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Robertson 7. has quickly become our best midfielder. He's being asked to do all the donkey work that Bostock and Crowley can't do. He and Palmer would be great together.

Stone 4. I was hoping he'd turned a corner but he regressed massively last night. Has to be replaced.

Nemane 4. Top end NL bottom end L2 is his level. He's being physically outdone week in week out now.

Cameron 5. He's out captain but has spent more of the season playing moderately than not. It's looking like top end NL is his level, hopefully he'll turn it round.

I feel a bit for Maynard, his midfield options are limited, I'd be inclined to play JOB or Austin as an extra midfielder and Macari as a wing back on Tuesday as we've got to be more resilient.
    Cameron's defending was awful for the third goal. Alone near the back post, just ball-watched for several seconds. Not the only one though!

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The past is gone, What happened at Wembley is history..

The past is gone, What happened at Wembley is history..
    Maybe so but calling him a donkey because he has lost a bit of form is ridiculous. Nearly everyone is Crap according to you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345