+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Look...

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    In all three of those games we could still be playing and be no closer to scoring. He’s out of his depth, football fans aren’t blind or deaf on the large part. He’s walked into a team in transition and has no experience or the required skill set to know how to navigate it. Experience tells me this guy isn’t going to turn it around, this is panning out exactly as I feared it would the very first time I heard of his appointment.

I’m surprised others aren’t feeling the same after some of the managers we’ve seen walk through the doors in the past.
    Rather harsh on Maynard I think. We were out of our depth at Tranmere, Sutton, Colchester and Wimbledon. I was at all of them and all our weaknesses were on show then, Maynard has inherited them and it's going to take a reinvention to make us more secure and physically robust for L2.

LW first 10 league games in charge.........

W 3-0 MAIDENHEAD UNITED
    D 2-2 boreham wood
    D 1-1 gateshead
    D 2-2 CHESTERFIELD
    W 4-1 halifax town
    W 1-0 SOLIHULL MOORS
    W 5-0 dagenham and redbridge
    W 2-0 ALDERSHOT
    L 1-3 dorking wanderers
    W 3-1 york city

and he went on to win the next 6.

To the day he left, LW never went more than 3 league games without a win.

Good post matt, I agree ten games at least.

To the day he left, LW never went more than 3 league games without a win.
    A lot of those games are against pub teams, though I would love to have Williams back.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Rather harsh on Maynard I think. We were out of our depth at Tranmere, Sutton, Colchester and Wimbledon. I was at all of them and all our weaknesses were on show then, Maynard has inherited them and it's going to take a reinvention to make us more secure and physically robust for L2.
    Add Grimbsy to that, we were an absolute mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Taxi for Maynard?
    I think SM's hands have been tied by Montague, because he is stuck with the average defenders that should have been replaced in the transfer window.

The next three games are potential loses on paper looking at current form so in most fans eyes he’s doomed and on the trap door but ask yourself what would of been different with Luke at the helm. I personally think we are a club in transition and are struggling for form and some fans are looking for a scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigpie View Post
    The next three games are potential loses on paper looking at current form so in most fans eyes he’s doomed and on the trap door but ask yourself what would of been different with Luke at the helm. I personally think we are a club in transition and are struggling for form and some fans are looking for a scapegoat.
    There’s no Scapegoat it lies with the Brothers and the Recruitment side who didn’t address the glaring issues we all saw last season and now being exposed even more. If they were addressed in the summer SM would stand a better chance of making an impact. Serious underestimation of this season by the club, but saying that staying up is my main aim for this season as I said at the beginning, but in reality we re 6-9 months behind where we should be squad wise.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    There’s no Scapegoat it lies with the Brothers and the Recruitment side who didn’t address the glaring issues we all saw last season and now being exposed even more. If they were addressed in the summer SM would stand a better chance of making an impact. Serious underestimation of this season by the club, but saying that staying up is my main aim for this season as I said at the beginning, but in reality we re 6-9 months behind where we should be squad wise.
    Agree with this post.
    I didn’t want Maynard and I don’t think he will last long but I also agree with the poster further up that Maynard or whoever would of been chosen if not Maynard there hands are tied behind there back by Montague, The brothers and the rest of the recruitment team.
    I honestly don’t know why anyone would want to take charge of a club where they can’t make there own signings.

People might be right that Maynard may not be the right man but it is ridiculous and panic stricken to be making that judgement after three games. It pisses me off because we need stability not people running around panicking. We can start getting on everyone's backs and create a bad feel for the whole club OR we could have some faith in all that has happened in the last season, including players and directors who made it happen and SUPPORT the club.

Phil Parkinson had some shocking games with Wrexham - and look where they are now. I know it's a different set up but the point is the same - it's unknown territory but lets ****ing get behind all at the club not start tearing everything apart. They don't need all this judgement and doubt. Those players will respond a thousand times better to supporters who have their back - surely we want to see players give it their all - not start to fade away because the supports on on their backs!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast