+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Look...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    We are Notts County, we move on. People can post what they like.
    And I can respond and post what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    There was many that said the exact same about LW till after we pulled the game back against Chesterfield at home and he won a lot of fans over with his interview.
    Yes Maynard’s quite unassuming and no he hasn’t got league experience but that doesn’t instantly mean he can’t do the job. I honestly don’t know if he can or can’t and I won’t have a view till after about 10 games, I said the exact same thing with LW.
    Maynard didn’t walk into a job where we were on winning streak and got in to the playoffs, he walked into a job where unfortunately we were going the other way.
    It’s a great shame Macca or Didzy couldn’t put one of those sitters away, could have inspired Maynard’s Chesterfield moment.

Maybe he was more inclined to leave because Monatgue did nothing to improve his sqaud over the summer, or showed no sign of doing so this winter.
    When it was first announced that he was going the thought did cross my mind that he was miffed that his player requirements wasn't being met.

I agree with the view we really won't have a vague idea until he's been in charge for ten games. And that WILL be a vague idea.

You only get a new manager bounce when the last one was awful... and the last one was excellent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Totally embarrassing reply. We have a new manager, just come through the door and you want to bin him..Jesus wept, what a true supporter.
    I dont care what you think Soccert**t. I hope he's a great success and he will get the time he deserves as you say. It doesn't matter what i think, it's what the 11 crossing the line think and they didn't look inspired to me, rather lost for ideas so I hope, like everyone else, that he finds some magic to get them going on a run.

Maybe he was more inclined to leave because Monatgue did nothing to improve his sqaud over the summer, or showed no sign of doing so this winter.
    Actually agree that LW was frustrated with elements of the recruitment, he said publicly we needed a proven EFL player to replace Bajrami, which never arrived, and clearly didn’t fancy Tipton or Macari, who were the ones brought in to enhance the defence.

But to say the squad hasn’t improved at all when Jones, Crowley and McGoldrick all signed in the summer is obviously wrong.

We still have no idea if Maynard was a good appointment or not because he's only been in charge for three games, two of which were against promotion contenders. The only nightmare was against Gillingham, but we had that type of performance in us under Williams too. The last game I saw in person was Harrogate away, and we were so bad that day that both sets of fans were ironically cheering when we passed it back to Stone for the millionth time.

We aren't getting promoted this season, and we aren't going down. Let's see what Maynard can do between now and the end of the season. Calling for his head at this stage is just self-destructive. As someone else said, do we want to create a negative atmosphere or a positive, supportive one? Which is more conducive to success?

Let the man get on with the job and judge him when he's had months 'in the building' and not weeks. The problems he inherited can't be solved overnight and shouldn't be blamed on him.

As i predicted before Maynard walked in, he would be written off early on. He's getting the Burchnall treatment and it's embarrassing. What makes me laugh is LW struggled in his last 14 games of his tenure, but the narrative was it's down to the players. Fast forward to now because it's a head coach many didn't want and it's flipped. Maynard is 'out of his depth' sorry more than respectable point against Barrow. Mansfield first half was a delight to watch, and on another day we go in 2-3 goals up. Started well against Gillingham but lost our way against a low block. What cracks me up is the most though is this narrative that Maynard isn't any good because he's from non-league. When i see or hear that it just shows you have no clue what you're talking about. Here are some facts for you. Neil Warnock the man people were on their knees for managed in non league before Notts. Now i know what people will say, yeah but that was in the 80's ok no problem. He's another fact for you. 5 of the current top 7 in L2 are managed by people that started or very much built their reputation in non-league. Dave Challinor history of managing outside of the FL. Nigel Clough started at Burton. Pete Wild came up to Barrow from Halifax. Mike Williamson, Gateshead to MK. Simon Weaver Harrogate. Technically you could even say 6 out of the top 7 seeing as Parkinson was in the NL last season. Your anger should not be towards Maynard, it should be towards the recruitment staff who badly let down LW in the summer and Maynard in January. Notts have defenders that are not good enough for L2 it's as simple as that. In the summer we need to cash in on Langstaff, and use that money to build a more balanced squad. You stick the munto season defence with our attack this season and we walk this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    Neil Warnock the man people were on their knees for managed in non league before Notts..

^Warnock's league position on the day he joined Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

^Warnock's league position on the day he joined Notts.
    Are you genuinely confused or are you being deliberately ignorant? I clearly stated Warnock managed in Non-League before Notts. I didn't claim he joined from a Non-League club...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast