+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Look...

Look...

Taxi for Maynard?

Strange appointment. CV average, if that. Uninspiring personality. No new manager bounce. Not first choice, going by delay in appointment. Poor game management so far. In awe of some players? Suffering impostor syndrome? Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone at end of season. Has to be given full backing beteeen now and then.

Seems a good summary Banksy 👍

I honestly think we'll be back with LW by pre season

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Must admit I thought this myself too during this week for some reason.

"Never go back" is a well worn saying in this game and it usually doesn't work out well, but there are exceptions - as we at Notts know.

The optimal time for a LW return would be when we desperately need somebody to dig us out of a hole (which was the circumstances for Sirrel's 2nd coming, next to bottom of tier 2 and yet to win a single game).
    LW starting afresh from the beginning of a new season would be less likely to work I think. Can't see Maynard getting the sack before next season unless he had a Thordarsson type of run-in (1 win from the last 16).

Quote Originally Posted by OldBanksy View Post
    Strange appointment. CV average, if that. Uninspiring personality. No new manager bounce. Not first choice, going by delay in appointment. Poor game management so far. In awe of some players? Suffering impostor syndrome? Wouldn't be surprised to see him gone at end of season. Has to be given full backing beteeen now and then.
    They said he was their No1 choice.
    Give the guy a chance, 3 games, 2 where we were competitive against very good opposition and one disaster and we’ve already had a few of them way before he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    They said he was their No1 choice.
    Give the guy a chance, 3 games, 2 where we were competitive against very good opposition and one disaster and we’ve already had a few of them way before he arrived.
    In all three of those games we could still be playing and be no closer to scoring. He’s out of his depth, football fans aren’t blind or deaf on the large part. He’s walked into a team in transition and has no experience or the required skill set to know how to navigate it. Experience tells me this guy isn’t going to turn it around, this is panning out exactly as I feared it would the very first time I heard of his appointment.

I’m surprised others aren’t feeling the same after some of the managers we’ve seen walk through the doors in the past.

No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    In all three of those games we could still be playing and be no closer to scoring. He’s out of his depth, football fans aren’t blind or deaf on the large part. He’s walked into a team in transition and has no experience or the required skill set to know how to navigate it. Experience tells me this guy isn’t going to turn it around, this is panning out exactly as I feared it would the very first time I heard of his appointment.

I’m surprised others aren’t feeling the same after some of the managers we’ve seen walk through the doors in the past.
    There was many that said the exact same about LW till after we pulled the game back against Chesterfield at home and he won a lot of fans over with his interview.
    Yes Maynard’s quite unassuming and no he hasn’t got league experience but that doesn’t instantly mean he can’t do the job. I honestly don’t know if he can or can’t and I won’t have a view till after about 10 games, I said the exact same thing with LW.
    Maynard didn’t walk into a job where we were on winning streak and got in to the playoffs, he walked into a job where unfortunately we were going the other way.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast