+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Look...

Your getting 'Birch vibes' from Maynard in what respect? Because Birchnall failed in the playoffs? Maynard has been in charge for three games. And having a similar accent to Ardley says absolutely **** all about his ability to coach this team to success.

How about we stop looking for reasons that he's not going to make it and support him instead. The truth is it's too early to tell what Maynard will or will not achieve as Notts' head coach. We'll know more by the end of the season. But one thing is absolutely certain - getting on his back and creating a negative atmosphere will only make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Your getting 'Birch vibes' from Maynard in what respect? Because Birchnall failed in the playoffs? .
    That's my gut instinct, that he'll do enough to stick around but ultimately fall further short each time, just like Burch.

Fans are emotionally involved in this game, it wouldn't be the game we love otherwise, but that means people react emotionally rather than rationally a lot of the time and it's results that fuel those emotions. The onus is on him to give the fans something to get behind, he's the manager, supposedly.

The recruitment is the problem, players brought in unfit, not good enough or both. I hope big lessons have been learnt this season in regards to the squad. Both LW and SM have been left with not many options.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    The recruitment is the problem, players brought in unfit, not good enough or both. I hope big lessons have been learnt this season in regards to the squad. Both LW and SM have been left with not many options.
    It's tough to say given that we've got so many signings right, but yeah, we badly messed up the defence and goalkeeper positions last summer and failed to fix the issue in January. The coming summer is a huge one.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

It's beginning to appear to me that there are some who aren't willing to give Maynard any time and have already decided that he is going to fail.
    I think you've hit the nail on the head. I'd imagine as soon as Maynard was appointed some people made their minds up and wrote him off.

He's the manager of Notts County so I'm going to give him a chance.

Why is nobody questioning Montague, he's responsible for the player recruitment, why didn't he bring in experienced defenders in January.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Why is nobody questioning Montague, he's responsible for the player recruitment, why didn't he bring in experienced defenders in January.
    It's a strange one. The transfers seem to be getting more and more left-field. Remember under Ardley when we signed that experienced centre back on a short-term contract and he instantly improved the side? I've forgotten his name now. Proper old-school defender, great in the air. Scored a fair few goals, including one against Chesterfield in the playoffs. We could have done with a signing like that in Jan, but nope.

Your getting 'Birch vibes' from Maynard in what respect? Because Birchnall failed in the playoffs? Maynard has been in charge for three games. And having a similar accent to Ardley says absolutely **** all about his ability to coach this team to success.

How about we stop looking for reasons that he's not going to make it and support him instead. The truth is it's too early to tell what Maynard will or will not achieve as Notts' head coach. We'll know more by the end of the season. But one thing is absolutely certain - getting on his back and creating a negative atmosphere will only make things worse.

This ^^^

It's a strange one. The transfers seem to be getting more and more left-field. Remember under Ardley when we signed that experienced centre back on a short-term contract and he instantly improved the side? I've forgotten his name now. Proper old-school defender, great in the air. Scored a fair few goals, including one against Chesterfield in the playoffs. We could have done with a signing like that in Jan, but nope.
    Mark Ellis, yes…a great signing that was.

The club also said that if the right players aren’t available or won’t come then they won’t panic buy, which is fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Unfortunately it's not his money to spend. Our recruitment on the whole has been very good, with a few exceptions, but that happens everywhere. I think we may have blown our wage budget back end of last season and in the summer, Macca extension, Palmer extension, Bostock, Jones, Didzy etc all would have been substantial wages. No way we were bringing in any decent defenders without others going out of the door.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast