+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Strikers...

Our Strikers...

In my opinion will not be our starting strikers next season..

Wilson and Isak are made of glass.. Wilson approaching his 32nd birthday this month.. pushing 33 next season..

Isaks groin injury will keep reoccurring.. shoot me down if you want to but personally I would cash in on them both in the summer, however I wouldn't object in keeping Isak, like I say my only worry is his injury record and the type of injury..

Next season we will probably see massive changes in the squad..

I would keep Isak if only because, should his groin issues get sorted, he has the potential to be world class. What he needs is another stiker of equal ability either alongside him at times or to share the workload.

Wilson as a third choice would be a decent option but he wouldn't accept that and I think he'll be off in the summer, possibly to Saudi for one last big paycheck-and fair play to him.

We should have signed someone in the summer-an up and coming talent because 2 strikers in any circumstances would be too light but, with their respective injury record? Possibly a bit of an oversight? Who knows, maybe we did try, I dunno, but I cetainly think we'll remedy that in the coming window.

Once we're able to play on the bigger money stage we will have plenty of back up but in the mean time we'll likely add a youngster or a near freebee to the striker role along with keeping both Isak and Wilson,potentially.

We'll likely go the Liverpool way where they had many players of experience in the background ready to cover and play select parts of a season.

Our youngster build up is on course and soon (hopefully) they will be the major backbone.

Its too much to ask of Isak to carry the load on his own at his age. He is a racing snake physically and not robust enough yet. I think he could thrive though with a strong partner playing off him, someone who can carry the ball and pick a lock. A creator.

To point out the obvious we also need a younger Wilson 2.0 who doesn't get hurt.

Just had a thought - what actually lacked Joelinton to be a good striker?
    He thrived as midfielder, but can he still do the job as a forward? I know he had some shocking misses in CL matches, but overall his finishing was ok last season.
    I think Gordon is much better on the wing rather than lonely striker, so I’d try Big Jo there may be

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    but can he still do the job as a forward?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Just had a thought - what actually lacked Joelinton to be a good striker?
    He thrived as midfielder, but can he still do the job as a forward? I know he had some shocking misses in CL matches, but overall his finishing was ok last season.
    I think Gordon is much better on the wing rather than lonely striker, so I’d try Big Jo there may be
    Careful mate, I got laughed at on here at for suggesting the same.

Joelinton needs that split second more time you get in midfield than you do in attack. That’s why he was ok as a forward in Germany but not in the PL.
    Big Joe is a midfielder - if it ain’t broken, don’t try to fix it!

I think Wilson will be sold in the summer - fact he was clearly being touted or his agent was touting him suggests that the decision to a large degree has been made.

I would keep Isak myself but he doesn't need someone else along side him. As we get players of better quality I think we'll see more of him and less of injury.

I forgot Wilson was playing at times yesterday to be fair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)