+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: If not LR then who?

Quote Originally Posted by NYSRich View Post
    Nigel Clough.
    He relies heavily on aged players he has worked with before,when they time out he struggles and he also takes at very least 3 years to get clubs on the up tick..nothing wrong with any of that but our fans wouldn't like it…

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    TBF this was the point of 50% of this thread. If your sacking Taylor to bring in Richardson, we want to give Richardson the chance in league one. Why not stick with Taylor and build the squad for league 1. A lot of the players Taylor brought in were short term fix championship experience players but a lot of the players Taylor signed long term are ones to build a squad around. We move forward and hope Richardson has the nonce to make a squad and build on something Taylor tries to do in a division that won't allow small mistakes for a club our size..

My last post on Taylor as he's history and we move forward..
    he gets slated for dismantling what warne built. Barlaser, Ogbene and wiles were all offered contracts and turned us down. Who else did taylor get rid of from the sqaud warne built to make a difference?
    I agree Cayton. LR does seem a sideways move from MT and I was one who would have stuck with MT for League 1 but from what I gather and reading between the lines,the extra couple of a million quid along with the Wednesday and Watford performances did for him.Also it's easily forgotten that LR was about 5th choice.At the time of sacking MT I don't think any of the board envisaged LR taking over!

I think Paul Hurst will find his feet again after a bad patch in his career. We should have considered him...knows the club and can hairdryer when needed. And boy do we need it

I would also have mentioned Paul Cook but his side will leapfrog us in the next couple of years

Any manager whose got the * to question TS re. his ambition for the Millers like Evans need not apply. Warne didn't that's why he was manager here so long. Going on that LR he'll be given the chance for at least next season to make us a top end of the table league 1 side.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    If TS wanted a young manager then we should have done a swap with Derby when they took Warne. Whether or not Rosenior could have worked with our players or brought in players to play the way Hull did, but they get the ball down and out wide enough to keep our fans happy.
    And just how much money have Hull City spent .. like Leeds. Southampton Leicester.. Norwich.. the list is endless. It dosent matter if pep was the manager if you don't have the money to buy the tools you can't do the job, And every gem you un-earth . Gets sold eventually, because clubs like the above offer more wages...

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    And just how much money have Hull City spent .. like Leeds. Southampton Leicester.. Norwich.. the list is endless. It dosent matter if pep was the manager if you don't have the money to buy the tools you can't do the job, And every gem you un-earth . Gets sold eventually, because clubs like the above offer more wages...

Or in big tones case, let’s there contract run down and off they go.

Supposed to be a multi millionaire, owd my beer tone, and who’s that at your ankles again, oh hello mr Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    TBF this was the point of 50% of this thread. If your sacking Taylor to bring in Richardson, we want to give Richardson the chance in league one. Why not stick with Taylor and build the squad for league 1. A lot of the players Taylor brought in were short term fix championship experience players but a lot of the players Taylor signed long term are ones to build a squad around. We move forward and hope Richardson has the nonce to make a squad and build on something Taylor tries to do in a division that won't allow small mistakes for a club our size..

My last post on Taylor as he's history and we move forward..
    he gets slated for dismantling what warne built. Barlaser, Ogbene and wiles were all offered contracts and turned us down. Who else did taylor get rid of from the sqaud warne built to make a difference?
    I think Richardson has enough problems without bringing a nonce to the club.
    Hopefully he's got the nous not to do that 😉

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I think Richardson has enough problems without bringing a nonce to the club.
    Hopefully he's got the nous not to do that 
    Back to Phoenix Nights

If we hurry we can have two more managers this season, and the start next time with a third one.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910