+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AGM Wednesday 28th February 7:30pm nith hotel

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Like many others I’m hearing some nasty stories about Bartley & let’s just say his man management skills are dreadful.
    Just ask young Ross Irving , his ‘loan’ move to Threave is now a permanent deal I’m hearing. Bully boy Bartley strikes again.
    I too have heard some not so nice stories about Marvin Bartley and his inappropriate behaviour towards some of the players. We all know about his past history of bullying ( just google his name if you haven’t ) and I find it completely unacceptable. If the BOD are looking for an excuse to sack him then they should use this one. He would be the first to play the racist card if things started going that way ( another form of unacceptable bullying )

He has complete lost the dressing room. FACT

This team is actually better than some think and a change of manager and tactics would prove that Imo.

Hence the pressure should be placed on the manager.........."he's the reason for the failure of this task."

The blame firmly lies with both the manager and the players. The manager has proved himself to be completely inept at first division level so there is definitely a problem there. However, the thought that just because some, or all, of the players don't like the manager, is no excuse for not giving 100% each game. On paper our team should easily be able to compete in this league but the players have somehow contrived to prove the opposite. To be paid as a professional footballer and not give everything every game is scandalous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    The blame firmly lies with both the manager and the players. The manager has proved himself to be completely inept at first division level so there is definitely a problem there. However, the thought that just because some, or all, of the players don't like the manager, is no excuse for not giving 100% each game. On paper our team should easily be able to compete in this league but the players have somehow contrived to prove the opposite. To be paid as a professional footballer and not give everything every game is scandalous.
    Now we are talking Beautiful South....an absolutely brilliant post which effectively lays bare the root of the problem.

This quote should be read out at the AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Now we are talking Beautiful South....an absolutely brilliant post which effectively lays bare the root of the problem.

This quote should be read out at the AGM.
    Sorry but I don’t agree. The blame firmly lies with the bod, manager and players. I just don’t get this thing about the board being the saviour of the club. They were responsible for bringing in the manager. And they are also responsible for failing to act on the managers failures. That, and all the other faults I have mentioned re the bod. Yes they have helped with the finances but what else have they done? It’s almost as if it’s a hindrance to them rather than a commitment. So for me all three are to blame for this shambles. All three depts have the power to do something about it, but all three have failed to sort any problems within the club.

Sorry Fatfan, - you and many others say that the BOD should not interfere with the manager's choice of how he sets out his stall.

The BOD have done many things the fans asked for: They re-laid the pitch at vast expense; updated the floodlight system, - again at huge expense; netted the new stand roof at great cost to prevent seagulls from nesting; kept the club full time and brought in a great talker of a manager.

Now if you check out that sentence, - that's a vast amount of money invested in the club, a truly vast amount, - yet sadly that investment has not translated into results on the pitch.

The manager didn't have to relay the pitch, - although he asked for it, - as he said it would result in better performances from his players; he wasn't involved in the updating of the floodlight system, - nor was he asked to assist with the netting of the roof. He was however given carte blanche to bring in his own players and the BOD kept them full time for him in the First Division. In my humble opinion, - the finger is pointing well away from the BOD, - but at the manager, - and also to the players who are more than capable of playing at this level.

The BOD are far from blameless IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    The BOD are far from blameless IMO.
    Ultimately the board are responsible for the running of the club and the recruitment of the management team which clearly has not been a success over the last number of years. No getting away from that.

I agree that the BOD are responsible for the recruitment of the manager, (but not the management team, - that again is the manager) and clearly, - the man at the helm is making a dog's breakfast of this season.

Getting out of League 1 is still well within the realms of possibility, - but the manager needs to start motivating his players to do so.........players who are more than capable of getting us into the play-offs and competing with whoever is in 2nd bottom place in the Championship.

We are still in February, - and there's plenty to play for. Marvin just needs to start looking at each game from a Scottish Division 1 perspective, - rather than an SPL perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I agree that the BOD are responsible for the recruitment of the manager, (but not the management team, - that again is the manager) and clearly, - the man at the helm is making a dog's breakfast of this season.

Getting out of League 1 is still well within the realms of possibility, - but the manager needs to start motivating his players to do so.........players who are more than capable of getting us into the play-offs and competing with whoever is in 2nd bottom place in the Championship.

We are still in February, - and there's plenty to play for. Marvin just needs to start looking at each game from a Scottish Division 1 perspective, - rather than an SPL perspective.
    So what way are you swinging jardi. Are the board partly responsible or not? For me it’s not just the fact they have employed the manager, it’s the fact they have failed to act since November to rectify that issue. And on the flip side it’s not the managers fault that the ground is a tip, or that the foundations of the workings of the club have been eroded to the point of non existance. Things like scouting or well run youth set up. Christ they have even told certain people who volunteer not to return in the past
    I just don’t get this defend the board at all cost when things like that have happened

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)