+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AGM Wednesday 28th February 7:30pm nith hotel

I agree that the BOD, the manager and the players are all culpable for contributing to the sorry position the club finds itself in. The problem as we are all aware is we are running at a significant loss year on year. Crowds continue to dwindle with the resultant loss in revenue. To overhaul the current set up would cost money we simply do not have. We have given the manager a 2 year contract so even if the BOD got rid of him who would they get to replace him, bearing in mind whoever it was would be inheriting our current gutless squad. I am very sceptical that our performances and results would suddenly improve without wholesale changes to the playing staff.

Well said Beautiful South.

Our problems are well documented, - and with a huge loss already, - it would be absolutely crazy to add to that loss by relieving the manager of his duties.

Frustrating though it is, - and I understand Fatfan's deep hurt at the performances on the pitch, - but the manager must bear the brunt of our angst.

Marvin Bartley can still turn this season round, - but he needs to act very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Well said Beautiful South.

Our problems are well documented, - and with a huge loss already, - it would be absolutely crazy to add to that loss by relieving the manager of his duties.

Frustrating though it is, - and I understand Fatfan's deep hurt at the performances on the pitch, - but the manager must bear the brunt of our angst.

Marvin Bartley can still turn this season round, - but he needs to act very quickly.
    A very important game against Montrose who rested a few players in their game on Tuesday night in preparation for the visit to Palmy which kicks - off at the ridiculous time of 5.30 - should be a big crowd NOT - but a MUST three points. Wonder how all the players who Bartley heavily fined for turning up late at Edinburgh City will react ?

They should react by turning up on time and giving of their best, - which is the very least that the fans and BOD should expect!

Turn things around??? By doing what exactly. I've said time and time again that the players are not good enough. You simply cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Pep or Jurgen couldn't get a tune out of that mob. To think otherwise is folly especially when they are ripping the proverbial out of the club and, ultimately, you.

Also, add into the mix that Bartley isn't a manager. A coach, maybe! A number 2, probably but not a manager. On this site he's went from being the second coming, to heading up to Easter Road, to being hunted out the door and back again to getting the best out of the uninterested dross at the club. Bear in mind that the board employ everyone. Yes, Bartley can identify his backroom staff but the board employ them.

Agree with fatfan about all that's wrong with the board and their lack of interest in all the things that would benefit the club going forward, ie the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Turn things around??? By doing what exactly. I've said time and time again that the players are not good enough. You simply cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Pep or Jurgen couldn't get a tune out of that mob. To think otherwise is folly especially when they are ripping the proverbial out of the club and, ultimately, you.

Also, add into the mix that Bartley isn't a manager. A coach, maybe! A number 2, probably but not a manager. On this site he's went from being the second coming, to heading up to Easter Road, to being hunted out the door and back again to getting the best out of the uninterested dross at the club. Bear in mind that the board employ everyone. Yes, Bartley can identify his backroom staff but the board employ them.

Agree with fatfan about all that's wrong with the board and their lack of interest in all the things that would benefit the club going forward, ie the basics.
    OK Threefivetwo, - I'll agree with you on Bartley's managerial ineptitude, - but Pep or Jurgen could easily have this squad motivated with just a 10 minute team talk!

I'll go further and say that you and Fatfan could probably sort it out!...........and I'm not joking!

Now if I was Bartley, - I'd be fuming at such a proposal, - to such a degree that he needs to take a look at himself, - and ask "Where have I gone wrong?"

The buck stops with Marvin Bartley, - no-one else, - you might as well blame yourself or Fatfan or Humpty Dumpty FFS.

We don't need Pep or Klopp, - we just need a sea-change in Marvin's attitude towards the players that he brought in, (remember he assembled the squad not the BOD) and a tactical re-evaluation of how to deal with Scottish First Division teams. Less of the diddly squat farting about in defence, - more direct on the deck, - fast, one touch football and a willingness to take players on, - with every team member giving a 100% and substituted with plenty of time to make an impact and with equally fast, - direct, - no nonsense all out attack.

That's what I think MB needs to do. He has the players to deliver that, - he just hasn't got the ability to impart that direction.

11 games still to play,- he could and should easily make the play-offs, - and take Hamilton to the cleaners as well, - like he should have done at Palmy a couple of weeks ago.

There's the gauntlet Marvin. You can't cope with the Scottish First Division. Stop standing on the touchline with your hands in your pockets wondering what to do, - as though you were playing chess, and boring chess at that, - and get your finger out and get these players jumping so high that Montrose and every other team doesn't know what's hit them.

Of course this squad can get to the play -offs, - they just need someone with a bit of OOMPH!

I daresay we're on the same page for the most part and wanting the same result so to speak apart from..........

I've no idea about fatfans credentials however I wouldn't be confident of me sorting anything out as my wife would testify to

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    I daresay we're on the same page for the most part and wanting the same result so to speak apart from..........

I've no idea about fatfans credentials however I wouldn't be confident of me sorting anything out as my wife would testify to
    That's precisely my point, both you and Fatfan have more passion in your pinky than Marvin. At the moment we have a squad going through the motions........I've seen more passion in a sloth on medication!

Anyone going this evening ?!

The BoD are stepping down at the end of the season and a new board will be appointed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)