+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dave's take on the Anfield disappointment...

Got to agree with BT. If we had a couple of decent CHs we wouldn't be in our present predicament and Trafford wouldn't be getting all this flac.
    I also think a professional management team would help. Kompany said after the City game we would never play as bad again. He also said after the Villa defeat that he wasn't to concerned about the defence, because he could sort it. Well he was wrong on both counts

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Not at all mon ami. I felt let a rejected lover when he left the club. Heartbroken hardly covered it.
    How could we expect Ben to stay when he was only 32 and has now just played his 50th PL game for Brentford?
    He is a PL defender with lots of experience, in spite of some of the stick he got from our fans for the odd mistake.
    Brentford have conceded 66 goals in the 50 games in which Ben has played and 23 of those have come in 13 games this season when they have not had the best of seasons.

I've moved on from Ben Mee mein freund, but one cannot help but wonder how much better young Jimmy would be with Tarkowski & Mee playing in front of him.

Not at all mon ami. I felt let a rejected lover when he left the club. Heartbroken hardly covered it.
    I could have sworn you were claiming he was feigning injury, malingering on the touchline, when he should have been on the field, helping us in our relegation battle. Must have been someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I could have sworn you were claiming he was feigning injury, malingering on the touchline, when he should have been on the field, helping us in our relegation battle. Must have been someone else.
    The thought had crossed my mind mon ami. It was obvious by the end he was not committing to the club and that's what got my goat. No point in re-visiting jilted love affairs though eh sinkov?

Got your goat is putting it mildly mon ami, you really had your knife into him.

"His ego his bigger than his talent mon ami. Ask him how many caps he has for England, then ask Trippier the exact same question."

"Bloke behind me in the McIlroy Upper always called him Calamity Mee, I never argued."

"Ben Mee can now kiss the Bees badge whilst simultaneously kissing my arse. Mee suffers from the "Imposter Syndrome", good luck at Brentford Ben - NOT!"

"All of those glorious photo opportunities showing his devotion to the Clarets' cause on the touchline with Michael Jackson meant the square root of f*ck all."

Oh yes, this is the same Ben Mee who was injured very early in the match against Leicester on 1 March 2022 and was then fouled twice more by the same Leicester player before having to go off with a bad knee injury in the 40th minute with the score at 0-0.
    In his previous three matches we had picked up 7 points and he had scored the winner against Spurs at the Turf.
    His injury sidelined him for the rest of the season.

Time has not diminished my loathing for Mee's departure from Turf Moor.

Post 16# sums up my attitude perfectly.

"Ben Mee can now kiss the Bees badge whilst simultaneously kissing my arse. Mee suffers from the "Imposter Syndrome", good luck at Brentford Ben - NOT!"

Why are we even talking about the Brentford centre-back anyway other than to say if Tarkowski and Mee had stayed young Jimmy would be better protected.

Time to move on methinks and try and explain to VK how centre-backs should operate in offering protection to a young goalkeeper.

But then again, I thought he would already know that.

Why are we even talking about the Brentford centre-back anyway other than to say if Tarkowski and Mee had stayed young Jimmy would be better protected.

Time to move on methinks and try and explain to VK how centre-backs should operate in offering protection to a young goalkeeper.

But then again, I thought he would already know that.
    Would it make any difference, we had Tarkowski and Mee playing in front of Nick Pope and we still got relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Would it make any difference, we had Tarkowski and Mee playing in front of Nick Pope and we still got relegated.
    Move along please mon ami, nothing more to see here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)