+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: James Belshaw

James Belshaw

Belshaw is a great goalkeeper and fan of the club. We could have signed him in January, but instead we signed someone who is (apparently) worse than Stone (somehow).

Belshaw was in the Kop on Friday night!
    He’s a proper fan. Literally cheering us on despite us being (at the time) one place above the team he actually plays for haha.

Proper missed opportunity signing him.

I always wanted Stone in the team(mainly because I thought he was a very decent upgrade on Slocombe) and I thought he had his best half for us against Mansfield. After Friday night’s calamities I’ve no idea what to think, but it sums up our situation that the only bloke we can turn to is someone who imo put in the worst performance by an opposition keeper against us this season.

How we’ve managed not to sign Belshaw is up there with life’s great mysteries.

Belshaw literally wants to sign for us.

Slocombe is much better than Stone.

Some of our signings have been very odd I must say and 2 of them keepers no better than we had...maybe worse. At this moment in time I'd rather a fit Slocombe in goal. How we didn't sign Belshaw is an odd one, maybe he isn't geared up for our style of play. Although we seem to have brought keepers in that apparently can play with their feet but not with their hands

Harrogate’s rise up the table coincides with Belshaw signing.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Some of our signings have been very odd I must say and 2 of them keepers no better than we had...maybe worse. At this moment in time I'd rather a fit Slocombe in goal. How we didn't sign Belshaw is an odd one, maybe he isn't geared up for our style of play. Although we seem to have brought keepers in that apparently can play with their feet but not with their hands
    I would say that most of our recent signings have been very odd.. If they are anything like that again next season, then NL here we come again...

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I always wanted Stone in the team(mainly because I thought he was a very decent upgrade on Slocombe) and I thought he had his best half for us against Mansfield. After Friday night’s calamities I’ve no idea what to think, but it sums up our situation that the only bloke we can turn to is someone who imo put in the worst performance by an opposition keeper against us this season.

How we’ve managed not to sign Belshaw is up there with life’s great mysteries.
    Quite agree, madness, madness 😠

I don’t think signing Stone was odd.
    I know a Port Vale fan and they thought very highly of him.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I don’t think signing Stone was odd.
    I know a Port Vale fan and they thought very highly of him.
    Agree with this. I thought it was a good signing.

54 games for Port Vale and 19 clean sheets, with a play-off victory.

Personally I would persevere with him, I don't think he can be blamed for the calamitous defending at times in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Agree with this. I thought it was a good signing.

54 games for Port Vale and 19 clean sheets, with a play-off victory.

Personally I would persevere with him, I don't think he can be blamed for the calamitous defending at times in front of him.
    As I said on another post, Stone is another of those goalkeepers who switched to keeping quite late on as a youngster - and it sometimes feels like keeping doesn’t come naturally to him. What I don’t understand is why he never leaves his line for crosses - is that something that goalies are told not to do these days, the way full backs don’t stop crosses?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast