+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s about time James Cryne spoke up !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    We haven't the pace to recover if a ball is played into the space behind them. Only works if you have a sweeper keeper with the awareness of Brad Collins.
    Both Barnsley keepers will be able to do this.
    It’s part of their job title.

All goalkeepers that sign for Barnsley will be the first line of ATTACK.
    (or words to that effect)
    Patrick Cryne.
    I’ve been in the room a couple of times when he’s said that.
    At the time - I don’t think anyone in the room understood what he was talking about.
    We do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Both Barnsley keepers will be able to do this.
    It’s part of their job title.

All goalkeepers that sign for Barnsley will be the first line of ATTACK.
    (or words to that effect)
    Patrick Cryne.
    I’ve been in the room a couple of times when he’s said that.
    At the time - I don’t think anyone in the room understood what he was talking about.
    We do now.
    Collins generally came out of his area and cleared the ball in to row Z .

Quite how that is starting an attack is clearly something only you could think .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Quite a number of points that don't pass the test of reality YN , although we've been down this road a number of times .

The Val way of playing was made up shyte , there was no " Game Model " then as there isn't now .

When Val was appointed he clearly assessed what he had to work with on the training ground and in his first three games .

His third game was a midweek away game at Cardiff City and we were well beaten 3-0 , a very weak performance which included Elliot Simoes , Simoes never played for the club again .

He clearly deduced that unless he came up with something with the players that he had at his disposal it was going to be a struggle to stay up .

His first job was to promote young Victor from the absolutely no where to give us some muscle up top and Victor played very well at Derby the next away game and even scored a cracker in a 2-0 win .

The system he deployed started to get some points on the board but the first sign of what was to come was a home game against Bournemouth which was covered by Sky TV , Mowatt , Kane and James spent the whole game lobbing balls from the half way line in behind the Bournemouth back three with our three forwards pressing them .

We lost 4-0 but it wasn't a 4-0 game , Bournemouth scored three worldies that night but that's the night Val knew he needed more muscle up top plus extra legs because our forwards that night were blowing out of their asses on 50 minutes .

What made Val ball work was when Morris and Dike arrived and we won 7 on the trot to hit the play off spots which we never relinquished .

That's what happened YN .

It was simply Val ball , there was no " Game Model " and when he left for WBA that was that .
    No Game Model ???
    So what is the Game Model the club is talking about ???
    And why are the directors saying it should be followed at every playing level at the club ???

Neeravs instructions to the next Championship HC ….. no need to concern thi sen cocker, all tha needs to do is just make up some shyte and we will reach the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    No Game Model ???
    So what is the Game Model the club is talking about ???
    And why are the directors saying it should be followed at every playing level at the club ???

Neeravs instructions to the next Championship HC ….. no need to concern thi sen cocker, all tha needs to do is just make up some shyte and we will reach the playoffs.
    There was no Game Model talked of even during the Val season , no fans forums or anything .

Nobody was allowed out of the house for starters .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    There was no Game Model talked of even during the Val season , no fans forums or anything .

Nobody was allowed out of the house for starters .
    You keep believing that chuck 👍

The only thing I can say about that team and that season despite the 78 points and 5th placed finish was that it gave everyone a boost at a very difficult time in history .

That team won't be fondly remembered , I take the point no bugga watched us in the stadiums but none the less there's very little emotional attachment to that season .

People will always remember the team of the early 80's and the boys of 96/97 plus Bassett's team , Hecky's double Wembley team will always be remembered fondly .

Val's team is one up from Ritchie's play off winning team at The Millennium Stadium at best .

Nobody talks about that team much either .

This season so far, on average we score 1.83 goals per game.

In the Val season we averaged 1.26 goals per game.

I think Collins knows all about getting the ball forwards Nudger.

You constantly allude to this fo called tippy tappy football across our back line but seldom acknowledge the good one touch intricate passing that we do in and around the opposition box. Of course this tactic depends on how the opposition set up, something else that you seldom consider.

See at Bolton, a game you didn't see, we had summat like 30% possession over the 90 mins. We allowed Bolton to play their passing possession based game then we started to press them and create problems after half time. This was the total opposite to say Wycombe at home who came to put 10 men behind the ball and stifle us. 2 completely polar opposite matches. Tha can't apply the high press tactic in certain games. Sometimes it's a question of patience and most teams who come to Oakwell kind of 'park the bus' if you like hoping to counter attack us.

The style? It's about tactically thinking of the best way of winning an individual football match. Collins has got it wrong in games this season which is obviously going to happen in football but he's also got it right at least 16 times.

We have a promising young head coach in my opinion. He's getting the best out of his players effort wise, it's only a matter of time before he gets the best out of their abilities as well. We are still a work in progress but currently sit 4th in league One after 30 matches.

A bit of praise wouldn't go amiss

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    This season so far, on average we score 1.83 goals per game.

In the Val season we averaged 1.26 goals per game.

I think Collins knows all about getting the ball forwards Nudger.

You constantly allude to this fo called tippy tappy football across our back line but seldom acknowledge the good one touch intricate passing that we do in and around the opposition box. Of course this tactic depends on how the opposition set up, something else that you seldom consider.

See at Bolton, a game you didn't see, we had summat like 30% possession over the 90 mins. We allowed Bolton to play their passing possession based game then we started to press them and create problems after half time. This was the total opposite to say Wycombe at home who came to put 10 men behind the ball and stifle us. 2 completely polar opposite matches. Tha can't apply the high press tactic in certain games. Sometimes it's a question of patience and most teams who come to Oakwell kind of 'park the bus' if you like hoping to counter attack us.

The style? It's about tactically thinking of the best way of winning an individual football match. Collins has got it wrong in games this season which is obviously going to happen in football but he's also got it right at least 16 times.

We have a promising young head coach in my opinion. He's getting the best out of his players effort wise, it's only a matter of time before he gets the best out of their abilities as well. We are still a work in progress but currently sit 4th in league One after 30 matches.

A bit of praise wouldn't go amiss
    Great post Pass but I am afraid you are banging your head against a brick wall with Y/N , its his opinion based on some alleged club model that the way we play and the game pans out is totally down to a wonderfully conceived plan devised by our tactical geniuses from the board room and has nothing to do with Mr Collin"s coaching & game management , in fact he wants the manager sacked , I wonder if James Cryne would be his replacement ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Great post Pass but I am afraid you are banging your head against a brick wall with Y/N , its his opinion based on some alleged club model that the way we play and the game pans out is totally down to a wonderfully conceived plan devised by our tactical geniuses from the board room and has nothing to do with Mr Collin"s coaching & game management , in fact he wants the manager sacked , I wonder if James Cryne would be his replacement ?
    Nearly right.
    According to Patrick and James Cryne - and later other directors - Barnsley do not play possession football.

IMO - Collins is a good HC - and I’ve already said that - he gets a shift out of all his players - and I’ve already said that if he left Barnsley there would be other clubs waiting to employ him.

However - the tactics Collins uses are the same tactics that most clubs use - which is possession football.
    But no I don’t want him sacked - but I do want him to adopt the game model as Ismael and Duff did.
    But if he can’t do that - then at the end of the season he has to go - promotion or no promotion.

Additionally - who actually wants to watch possession football ???
    Tippy tappy sideways football.
    I definitely don’t - it’s slow ponderous and as dull as dish watter.
    Clubs like Barcelona, Arsenal and Man City have perfected it and win games by playing it.
    And it now seems what the vast majority of clubs are trying to emulate that style.
    Managers and HC gauging a game on how much possession of the ball they had.
    Thats ridiculous.
    It’s as though it’s been drilled into new coaches when they go to achieve their coaching badges - that possession football is the only style that works.
    It isn’t - and Barnsley have shown that it isn’t.
    (BTW - Liverpool don’t play possession football)

As you said Shads - there’s only the top clubs with top technical players that can actually play possession style.
    Other clubs try to play it and often come unstuck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12