+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Vikki

I left the Post Office after doing 22 years & no one said anything or gave a word of thanks either, must be an employer thing . P.S it didn"t bother me one iota & I am sure Vikki will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I left the Post Office after doing 22 years & no one said anything or gave a word of thanks either, must be an employer thing . P.S it didn"t bother me one iota & I am sure Vikki will be the same.
    A sad indictment how a hard working person is totally undervalued and unappreciated. Being a self employed person in the building trade, I find myself deemed as completely expendable. The various companies I've worked for don't give a flying feck- Here today, gone tomorrow type attitude that they display yet, at the end of the day, you are an asset to their company having 20 odd years experience in my trade. Means feck all. Since the demise of unions you have very little clout in terms of making a stand. They put your wages down 25% at the drop of a hat and there's feck all you can do about it bar move on because in the self employed game you have no collective stand. The self employed working individual will always do his own thing which is why we get treated the way we do. The companies know this and exploit that fact. It's shyte and you do not have a leg to stand on.

I feel your treatment Shads was a very poor do. 22 years is a long time. It deserves at least an acknowledgement and a nod of appreciation. This is the way the world has become. The things like workers rights and better conditions, many men fought for this in years gone by. The workers unions had clout. Since the Thatcher era things have become the complete opposite in certain jobs. The individual just cares about himself. Sad but true.

I like to see the strikes these days in the NHS or railways etc. It gives me hope that there's still something out there that says 'we deserve better' and 'we're not going to take this crap lying down'. I hope they get what they deserve. They shouldn't have to strike in the first bloody place but unfortunately, this is the hallmark of exploitation and inevitably culminates with action being taken.

I don't know Vikki so I don't know what her reaction might be.

The Club Loyalists on BBS have predictably gathered to defend the club but they have no idea the circumstances of this either.

Vikki has been a high profile figure at Oakwell. Most of us have seen her running on the pitch to treat players, she is part of the match experience.

I just think to not even inform fans she has left after 12 years and to offer no thanks/ appreciation is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A sad indictment how a hard working person is totally undervalued and unappreciated. Being a self employed person in the building trade, I find myself deemed as completely expendable. The various companies I've worked for don't give a flying feck- Here today, gone tomorrow type attitude that they display yet, at the end of the day, you are an asset to their company having 20 odd years experience in my trade. Means feck all. Since the demise of unions you have very little clout in terms of making a stand. They put your wages down 25% at the drop of a hat and there's feck all you can do about it bar move on because in the self employed game you have no collective stand. The self employed working individual will always do his own thing which is why we get treated the way we do. The companies know this and exploit that fact. It's shyte and you do not have a leg to stand on.

I feel your treatment Shads was a very poor do. 22 years is a long time. It deserves at least an acknowledgement and a nod of appreciation. This is the way the world has become. The things like workers rights and better conditions, many men fought for this in years gone by. The workers unions had clout. Since the Thatcher era things have become the complete opposite in certain jobs. The individual just cares about himself. Sad but true.

I like to see the strikes these days in the NHS or railways etc. It gives me hope that there's still something out there that says 'we deserve better' and 'we're not going to take this crap lying down'. I hope they get what they deserve. They shouldn't have to strike in the first bloody place but unfortunately, this is the hallmark of exploitation and inevitably culminates with action being taken.
    Myself and the wife are thinking very strongly about leaving the UK for good , I'm not far off in a position to retire a bit earlier than expected , the wife is ten years younger than me and would have to carry on working but because she now works from home she could still do the same job she has now abroad .

We've had enough of this country , gone to the dogs and it's not going to get better either .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Myself and the wife are thinking very strongly about leaving the UK for good , I'm not far off in a position to retire a bit earlier than expected , the wife is ten years younger than me and would have to carry on working but because she now works from home she could still do the same job she has now abroad .

We've had enough of this country , gone to the dogs and it's not going to get better either .

Dunt blame thi mate. Thaz done thi collar ova years and tha deserves to chose ar thy enjoys thi retirement. Good life in a nice climate may well add a few years on too.

Hope to si thi on channel 4's A Place in the Sun- "This is Animal and his wife J Lo, they have a modest budget but look to escape the sh1toyle that is the UK"

Personally, the only financial security I have is mi house but that's fo mi kids to share when I depart this earth. I'm still 20 years from the official retirement age but if I manage to work in my game till am 65 al be astounded. Wi no company pension to draw on it looks a bleak future financially unless I have a change in occupation but I love what I do. I'm an expert in my field with 23 years experience to draw upon. The job has it's downs as I said but its also helping me with my mental health. It gets me up and active on a morning and gives me a sense of purpose and fulfilment.

I know where you are coming from with your working environment as my youngest grandson works in the building trade & has more stops and starts than my first ford anglia , its not a stable industry for the self employed, regarding Vikki I see it differently , when they finished Stretch our photographer it was the club who moved him on which I thought was shocking and it certainly warrented a club statement but with Vikki a few kind words would be nice & deserved although I suspect her move might be something she sought & wanted & may be looked at differently , personally like anyone who has done a good job for our club I wish her well & hope her move goes well for her ,

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I don't know Vikki so I don't know what her reaction might be.

The Club Loyalists on BBS have predictably gathered to defend the club but they have no idea the circumstances of this either.

Vikki has been a high profile figure at Oakwell. Most of us have seen her running on the pitch to treat players, she is part of the match experience.

I just think to not even inform fans she has left after 12 years and to offer no thanks/ appreciation is poor.
    Correct SB.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

You and us both. Wont be long now.

I know where you are coming from with your working environment as my youngest grandson works in the building trade & has more stops and starts than my first ford anglia , its not a stable industry for the self employed, regarding Vikki I see it differently , when they finished Stretch our photographer it was the club who moved him on which I thought was shocking and it certainly warrented a club statement but with Vikki a few kind words would be nice & deserved although I suspect her move might be something she sought & wanted & may be looked at differently , personally like anyone who has done a good job for our club I wish her well & hope her move goes well for her ,
    I understand your point about it was her who left but the innumerable players who seek a move always seem to be thanked on leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Dunt blame thi mate. Thaz done thi collar ova years and tha deserves to chose ar thy enjoys thi retirement. Good life in a nice climate may well add a few years on too.

Hope to si thi on channel 4's A Place in the Sun- "This is Animal and his wife J Lo, they have a modest budget but look to escape the sh1toyle that is the UK"

Personally, the only financial security I have is mi house but that's fo mi kids to share when I depart this earth. I'm still 20 years from the official retirement age but if I manage to work in my game till am 65 al be astounded. Wi no company pension to draw on it looks a bleak future financially unless I have a change in occupation but I love what I do. I'm an expert in my field with 23 years experience to draw upon. The job has it's downs as I said but its also helping me with my mental health. It gets me up and active on a morning and gives me a sense of purpose and fulfilment.
    Everything I once loved about this country has gone apart from the weather of course .

This isn't the same country I once knew , ok it's always had problems but we always got through them and things did eventually pick up even if I was on the wrong side of government policies .

We only started going abroad last year together although we both had holidays before .

We've absolutely fallen in love with Spain , it's taken us to go over there and see the difference , I know your in holiday mode but even factoring that in we noticed just how much better it was .

We actually prefer to visit the real Spain and wouldn't live as an ex pat so to speak , although there's nowt wrong with that , we like the little town's , markets , the local food and just sitting and having a drink , the slower pace of life .

The people are friendly , respectful and I'd learn the language and integrate with the locals .

It's a fascinating country and we love Cadiz and the smaller towns and villages on the Costa Del Sol .

We even love the north of the country , La Corruna is fantastic and we are visiting Santander and Vigo in June .

We may even choose up there although the winters aren't as mild as the South .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast