+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Shrewsbury Town v Barnsley

Romared Match Thoughts Shrewsbury Town v Barnsley

Took a decent point at Derby County on Saturday so clearly they are capable of stepping up when they play the top 6 teams .

The worry of course is we are going to be without Luca and whether Mr Russell decides he wants to be bothered .

We are heading towards the time in the season when it's results that matter more than performance although you could argue we've been like that since early August .

Shrewsbury are hit and miss at home. They've won 7 drawn 1 lost 7. They've lost 7 out of the last 10 league matches.

They've only netted 22 goals in the entire season- the joint worst record along with Cheltenham.

However, they're fighting relegation and took an excellent point late on at Pride Park on Saturday.

Its a game that on paper we should win and I think we will.

Again it depends which Barnsley turn up? I remember going there a few seasons back for a midweek match with Helik, Mowatt et al and getting beat 3-1 after a dismal performance.
    I think Grant will play in place of Connell with Russell warming the bench, I’m hoping soooooo much he plays Pines and puts Williams to right wing back, as it’s easy to see that teams have noticed that’s our weak spot!

Time for Donovan C Pines to step up and put in a performance to send shivers down the spines of Third Division strikers.

Sponsors have decided the ground will now be called "Croud Meadow" instead of "The New Meadow". I'm surprised they dropped the name "Gay Meadow" when they moved to their new ground in these days of equality,

This could swing both ways.

I'll go a draw after a dull, scrappy game.

A new chant to the tune of "We buy any car" advert----

"Donovan C Pines,
    Sends shivers darn their spines,
    Donovan C Pines,
    Sends shivers darn their spines"

Drop the C from it SB and I think your onto a winner!!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Drop the C from it SB and I think your onto a winner!!
    Agreed Perks. it does scan better without the C.

Already got over six million hits on that Tick Tock thinggy.

Donovan Pines
    Sends Shivers Darn Their Spines

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Agreed Perks. it does scan better without the C.

Already got over six million hits on that Tick Tock thinggy.

Donovan Pines
    Sends Shivers Darn Their Spines
    And repeat.....

If we’re serious about the playoffs and even potentially the top 2, then these next 2 away games need to merit at least 4 points, possibly even the full 6, before we meet Derby at home.

I always slightly worry when Connell isn’t playing but I think we should still have enough to get the 3 points tonight.

Well we have lost 6 games so far this season and sit in 4th.
    Up to the Derby game in December we lost 4 games when Luca wasn't available, since he's come back we have lost 2 with him in the team!
    If we only lose 2 more till the end of the season we will definitely be in the play off's, if we win more than we draw we go up automatically.
    If only we could bank on only losing 2 games!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast