+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Steve Wright RIP

Saw him once live at Peppermint Park in Rotherham, this was after he’d finished a live stint on top of the pops.

He was driven up from London and got to the venue about 11pm. A proper showman, RIP Steve gone far too soon. Thanks for some great memories and shows you aired.
    Last edited by Brin; 13-02-2024 at 11:12 PM.

A great DJ

R.I.P. Steve Wright

The pioneer of “zoo” radio and never been successfully replicated since..RIP..

Took the USA posse concept and did it so well, a sad loss RIP

Serious mournin' (no 'g')

Helped made many a long journey home that little bit better with the posse and the factoids.

RIP

Got shoved out of the door by bbc because he didn’t tick any boxes,that decision by them shed a 1 million listeners,with the bbc response saying they was the wrong audience anyway..

The first person to lead tributes from beeb was the person who shoved him out..

And who has now put forward digitising two radio channels what has an older in low numbers listener base…

What an hellbent awful shambles of a corporation at the fee”s payers expense..

Couldn't stand Ken Bruce was like Warney no personality! Steve Wright was topical, prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Got shoved out of the door by bbc because he didn’t tick any boxes,that decision by them shed a 1 million listeners,with the bbc response saying they was the wrong audience anyway..

The first person to lead tributes from beeb was the person who shoved him out..

And who has now put forward digitising two radio channels what has an older in low numbers listener base…

What an hellbent awful shambles of a corporation at the fee”s payers expense..
    Too true Clarkey...........I'am 56 now but when I was 13 and suffering from homesickness at a boarding school in Derbyshire in the winter of 1982 (...and couldn't go and watch our winter run of about 9 games on the spin!) the Steve Wright show in the afternoon brought such colour to my very grey life.That is one hell of a time span.I'm not going to get over soppy about this because he wasn't someone I've tuned into everyday since but the fact remains that when the BBC get rid of people like Steve Wright they are actually getting rid of the millions of people,like me,who resonate with such longevity.It literally is a crusade against the many by the tofu eating Islington centric control freaks that want to redefine the world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12