+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart Is laughing at us

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    I mean they were fined about £8m for their promotion season when they lost about £40m so that sounds pretty expensive and risky to me...
    That was indicator to me when Chelsea won treble a few years ago.title and two cups,domestic and Europe ..they stil made a loss of £50 million…but with Roman in charge it was portably just a drop in ocean..think that’s when the term sports washing came to the fore..!.

No guarantee that it was going to work for Bournemouth though, and then what would've happened? End up like Reading or Portsmouth?

And I do remember lots of people saying we needed more Championship experience in the squad...we tried something different and it hasn't worked

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    No guarantee that it was going to work for Bournemouth though, and then what would've happened? End up like Reading or Portsmouth?

And I do remember lots of people saying we needed more Championship experience in the squad...we tried something different and it hasn't worked
    Fixed it:
    And I do remember lots of people saying we needed more Championship experience in the squad (even if that means signing a raft of injury prone players on 1 year deals)...we tried something different (on the cheap) and it hasn't worked (so we'll continue not to fund the club to League 1 level and call it 'well managed')

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    They found a good manager, backed him properly and invested moderate sums to rise through the divisions (reasonably large fees of £300-500k along with a number of frees), targeted younger players (mostly early to mid 20s), and had some good breaks (signing Wilson for £3m after consolidating themselves in the second tier).

It's not a complicated model. It's not an overly expensive model. It requires a little bit of luck, but you generally find more of that if you back yourself. It doesn't fit the Sir Tony narrative to talk about it though, so it's easier to say they were rich.
    Total nonsense.

Not overly expensive? They threw £50m at it as already stated.

I agree that TS had it all his own way and one can only imagine what incentives and assurances he was given. His only crime is, he may or may not, have turned offers down from people with more ambition. Where were they when the **** hit the fan?

Where were all you big mouths in little trousers, come to think of it?

There’s many a big club who have spent tens of millions, wishing they were where RUFC are.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Total nonsense.

Not overly expensive? They threw £50m at it as already stated.

I agree that TS had it all his own way and one can only imagine what incentives and assurances he was given. His only crime is, he may or may not, have turned offers down from people with more ambition. Where were they when the **** hit the fan?

Where were all you big mouths in little trousers, come to think of it?

There’s many a big club who have spent tens of millions, wishing they were where RUFC are.

UTM
    Calm yourself down old lad, you'll do yourself a nuisance.

Read what's written and separate it from your assumptions. Bournemouth killed it on wages, and that doesn't mean it's impossible to spend a few quid on players, target under 25s, and build for more than just the season ahead. Bournemouth are only one example, many other teams have progressed instead of sitting around, grateful for existing. Progress is continuous, not a word to describe building a new stadium and then worshipping someone for pulling the funding together.

Must say,some of our "new" posters are right bell ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Must say,some of our "new" posters are right bell ends.
    Aww, I'm hurt. A bootlicker doesn't like me.

We aren't Bournemouth though our chairman he's not going to put in nowhere near the amount of money their owners however they do it do. Like I said size of our ground fan base leaves us were we are now.
    Last edited by gru; 17-02-2024 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Calm yourself down old lad, you'll do yourself a nuisance.

Read what's written and separate it from your assumptions. Bournemouth killed it on wages, and that doesn't mean it's impossible to spend a few quid on players, target under 25s, and build for more than just the season ahead. Bournemouth are only one example, many other teams have progressed instead of sitting around, grateful for existing. Progress is continuous, not a word to describe building a new stadium and then worshipping someone for pulling the funding together.
    Buy yersen a club and show us how it’s done. You clearly haven’t got the first clue what it entails and comments regarding Bournemouth is simply a case of back tracking.

Football manager has a lot to answer for.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Buy yersen a club and show us how it’s done. You clearly haven’t got the first clue what it entails and comments regarding Bournemouth is simply a case of back tracking.

Football manager has a lot to answer for.
    oNlY tHe sUpEr RiCh CaN rUn a cLuB

Again, another boomer using assumptions where the words on the screen are too big. Underlying jealousy that younger generations will demand progression and evolution, can smell it a mile off.

Off to listen to Cliff Richard now old lad, see you later.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast