+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Fabrizio reports on Dan Ashworth

What has he actually done to get all this hype? When he signed for us I didn’t think much of it ji don’t bother much with this stuff I just thought good we have a DOF that has a good record should be a good thing for us.

Im trying to find out what he exactly he done at Brighton I just get pointed to some players Brighton signed and sold for a hefty profit tho the transfer market went stupid. Im sure he done a good job, but what exactly did he do there?

And what exactly did he do here?

I’m genuinely curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    What has he actually done to get all this hype? When he signed for us I didn’t think much of it ji don’t bother much with this stuff I just thought good we have a DOF that has a good record should be a good thing for us.

Im trying to find out what he exactly he done at Brighton I just get pointed to some players Brighton signed and sold for a hefty profit tho the transfer market went stupid. Im sure he done a good job, but what exactly did he do there?

I ageee. Brighton have continued on just fine without him. Like I said before, I think its how it looks that is the problem that somehow ManU are a step up for him.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post

Ditto to all that.

Just read a few comments on another site about what exactly a DoF actually does and nobody could come up with a definitive answer, it was all guesswork. Thoughts ?

Just an overpaid chief scout innit?

No. DOF is as the name suggests, the boss of ALL football matters at the club. Transfers are only a part of that and he’ll have set up our current scouting network and, no doubt, had the final say on player movements in and out of the club. He will have set out our strategy for the coming years and had input to training facility investment, etc.
    Hence the no-competition clause in his contract - he’ll take all the plans he made for us to Manyoo.

I was just being petty and trying to downplay his significance to the project

He will have eyes on whoever our future targets are, and where they are in their development.

Whether they are ready to pull on a Newcastle shirt, or whether they need another year or so before we make our move.

So, take him off the team now, show him how to make a really good cup of tea, and keep him busy but not working on team strategy for the next 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    I was just being petty and trying to downplay his significance to the project

He will have eyes on whoever our future targets are, and where they are in their development.

Whether they are ready to pull on a Newcastle shirt, or whether they need another year or so before we make our move.

So, take him off the team now, show him how to make a really good cup of tea, and keep him busy but not working on team strategy for the next 18 months.
    Yeah, mate, I know your comment was tongue in cheek but it seems a lot of people think his job is to find new players only - it’s more than that.
    As said in a previous post, I’d have him cleaning the bogs rather than making the tea!

Whatever, Ratcliffe comes across as a right d*ck - wanting tax players money for a new stadium and poo-pooing our contract agreement with Ashworth with his ‘come on people, this is Manchester United we’re talking about’ attitude.

We know Jim. Pay up.

Let the prick sit out his contract and we can simply get on with what we're doing with another director of football.That's what I'd do.
    At the other end of the scale at least we should hold out for the 20 million and not budge.

No way does our club need to bow down to anyone.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)