+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scapegoat

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I agree but no one should be insulted & abused or scapegoated but some of our so called fans seem to revel in it.
    My view is this - and I’ve been saying this for years on here and that other place.
    Say what you want on social media.
    But when you are at the ground you support EVERY player 100 %.
    Never ever abuse a Barnsley player during a match.
    If you don’t like what they are doing during a match - keep fecking quiet about it.
    End of.’

The issue is this for me. He has received criticism as he seems to be 'at fault', fully or partially for quite a number of goals conceded. Hes playing out of position and doing his best, no doubt, but he has really been hung out to dry by our recruitment. McCarthy, Shepherd. Lopata have all been recruited to fill that gap by our talent spotters and they have all fallen short of the required standard. So Williams is asked to step in.

However, its plain as the nose on your face that his position is being targeted by the opposition as an area that can be exploited to gain an advantage. Consequently we are conceding too many preventable goals, especially early in the game, its happening too often. I think fans are entitled to point this out in a fair and constructive, non abusive manner.

In an attempt to address this problem, weve signed Earl and Pines. Its too early to make judgement on how successful that recruitment will be but the sooner we get Williams at right back and we stiffen the central 3 the better we will be.

The discussion on here over the last few months as far as I’m concerned is who is to blame or who is responsible for the often lacklustre performances of Williams and other individuals.

Most on here and elsewhere blame the players - especially the new players.

I blame the Head Coach.

It’s as simple as that.

The organisation and tempo of the team is ZILCH.
    And as said before - are these new January recruits going to make a difference under this regime - fingers crossed they do.
    I’m sure they will make some difference but I doubt they will make the difference that most supporters believe they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    The discussion on here over the last few months as far as I’m concerned is who is to blame or who is responsible for the often lacklustre performances of Williams and other individuals.

Most on here and elsewhere blame the players - especially the new players.

I blame the Head Coach.

It’s as simple as that.

The organisation and tempo of the team is ZILCH.
    And as said before - are these new January recruits going to make a difference under this regime - fingers crossed they do.
    I’m sure they will make some difference but I doubt they will make the difference that most supporters believe they will.
    Would that be the HC whose only lost 6 games all season ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Would that be the HC who’s only lost 6 games all season ?
    If yer talking about Collins - Yes
    It’s dire.
    Win lose or draw it’s like watching paint dry.
    Thank goodness the league is relatively poor this season.

But Animal - if you think it’s exhilarating football that we are watching this season then of course we all have to respect your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    If yer talking about Collins - Yes
    It’s dire.
    Win lose or draw it’s like watching paint dry.
    Thank goodness the league is relatively poor this season.

But Animal - if you think it’s exhilarating football that we are watching this season then of course we all have to respect your view.
    I'm not watching exhilarating football , I'm watching a team get results with some very average players .

I’ll tell you something for free. If we got the abuse that some players got. And I have I would say good bye and move on. Not only that how would you feel, if someone was hurling abuse at you in your work please. Would you just bite your tongue, and laugh it off. I think not. Some need to have a word and live in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_1982 View Post
    I’ll tell you something for free. If we got the abuse that some players got. And I have I would say good bye and move on. Not only that how would you feel, if someone was hurling abuse at you in your work please. Would you just bite your tongue, and laugh it off. I think not. Some need to have a word and live in the real world.
    Well said.

Williams isn't the only one though, look at the stuff that gets said/posted about Watters, Cosgrove, and Russell for example. 👎

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12