+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What’re the chances…

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    If he's been on your radar for so long, why didn't you sign him in the summer instead of McClean?

Anyway, I thought you lot didn't like him. He's always falling over and complaining, right? Which a certain star player of yours would never do.
    Fans don't sign players. You would not sell him to us last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    He didn't sign with us permanently until the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He turned you down to join Notts. Confirmed by Luke Williams
    Apparently so, yes. But if we're in L1 and you're not I'd say it would become possible. We have a lot of players out of contract this summer which will open up our budget again, as I doubt we will try to keep most of them.

Apparently so, yes. But if we're in L1 and you're not I'd say it would become possible. We have a lot of players out of contract this summer which will open up our budget again, as I doubt we will try to keep most of them.
    Too good for you pal. If he went, he'd be Championship bound

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    He turned you down to join Notts. Confirmed by Luke Williams
    Probably because he wanted to be a professional footballer instead of the star of a Disney serial

We signed him on a free last summer, and so could have Wrexham. Feel free to offer £1 million for him this summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    That's great to hear. Clubs will have to spend big if they want him.

Quote Originally Posted by magicianpie View Post
    Excellent news.

That position he played last night I think is my favourite for him. He can cross on his left or right foot, beat defenders and even come inside and shoot. I hope we see more of him just there….isn’t that where he played for Coventry?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Of keeping Jodi Jones?

The guy just keeps getting better and better. He must be approaching the form he was hitting before his injury nightmares now. That first goal last night was a thing of beauty how he jinked in and out of defenders….pace, balance, poise, agility and vision.

What I mean to say is, when does his contract run out, and will we see him leave for nothing. What level can he play at? Will Coventry come back for him?!
    Firstly Jodi Jones is under contract until the summer of 2025 so the chances should be good on paper if not then suitable compensation will have to be paid. It's only guess work but if a championship club came in for him (much like Swansea and LW) then this may trigger those kind of negotiations or something.

It's great to see that after such bad injuries Jodi Jones is really firing on all cylinders. Credit to the club as well for helping to keep him fit. Long may this continue.

I don't think we should worry too much about the likes of Jodi Jones and Macca as to whether they will be here next season. Wootton and Rodrigues saw out their contracts and of course people will be wondering who will be the first player under the radar we will sell?

In the meantime let's enjoy the quality players in the here and now. We know as a minimum they are at the club for at least the next 15 games plus any playoffs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast