+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What’re the chances…

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Excellent news.

That position he played last night I think is my favourite for him. He can cross on his left or right foot, beat defenders and even come inside and shoot. I hope we see more of him just there….isn’t that where he played for Coventry?
    Yeah, on the left he's ruthless but more predictable. Last night, the full back had no idea which was he was going to go, and he assisted once with his left and once with his right. Must be a nightmare to defend against, because he'll hurt you whether you show him on to his weaker foot or not. We definitely look more fluid with him on the right.

I think you are right that he played there against us for Coventry. I seem to remember him turning poor Dan Jones inside out when he scored that hattrick against us.

If he does move onto a bigger contract I'll be delighted for him. He's a great asset in the meantime.

I can't see him being with us next season, or going to Wrexham. He is clearly too good for L2. Some friends of mine who watch PL stuff think he could do a job at that level, certainly Championship.

Given that he has missed so much of his career with his injuries, who could begrudge him a shot at that level... and he has a lot of catching up to do, so I can't see him hanging around if he gets the chance.

I'm not being negative in this... he's a great player and deserves to show his skills at a high a level as he can, so I'd be delighted for him.

Agreed. We have a few players who are capable of delivering at a higher level and none of us should begrudge them doing it another club if its not Notts. However the dream has to be that they can manage that ambition while at Notts. And as a club I sincerely hope that that the owners can make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    I can't see him being with us next season, or going to Wrexham. He is clearly too good for L2. Some friends of mine who watch PL stuff think he could do a job at that level, certainly Championship.

Given that he has missed so much of his career with his injuries, who could begrudge him a shot at that level... and he has a lot of catching up to do, so I can't see him hanging around if he gets the chance.

I'm not being negative in this... he's a great player and deserves to show his skills at a high a level as he can, so I'd be delighted for him.
    I don’t think you are being negative and your post. It’s the reality of where we are at as a club.

Why would anyone begrudge someone the opportunity to play at the highest level possible if they get the chance? It’s a short career being a footballer. Especially a player who has had some bad injuries. I’d much rather Notts be the club it is now where it provides a platform for people to shine and they go onwards and upwards which ultimately will take the club onwards and upwards.

If the club get suitable compensation as well then this could help the club be more self sufficient.

It can have a snowball affect as well as other players and coaches will see this and therefore it will provide the club with a good reputation and respect in the footballing world, whereas in the past sometimes we were a laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    He's on our radar apparently and has been for some time now. No pun intended.
    Believe me he'll be going to a bigger team than Wrexham!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Believe me he'll be going to a bigger team than Wrexham!
    A little birdie told me, all things going well, he will be at Wrexham.............on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    A little birdie told me, all things going well, he will be at Wrexham.............on Saturday

������

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post

He'd surely be a decent Championship player if not for injuries. We're so lucky to have him. Like Macca's goalscoring exploits last season, we'll almost certainly never see another Notts player get the number of assists that Jodi has got this year. Enjoy it while it lasts.

My only request is that we don't sell him to a direct rival. Our best players should be jumping two divisions, not moving sideways for slightly more money.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123