+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What’re the chances…

What’re the chances…

Of keeping Jodi Jones?

The guy just keeps getting better and better. He must be approaching the form he was hitting before his injury nightmares now. That first goal last night was a thing of beauty how he jinked in and out of defenders….pace, balance, poise, agility and vision.

What I mean to say is, when does his contract run out, and will we see him leave for nothing. What level can he play at? Will Coventry come back for him?!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Of keeping Jodi Jones?

The guy just keeps getting better and better. He must be approaching the form he was hitting before his injury nightmares now. That first goal last night was a thing of beauty how he jinked in and out of defenders….pace, balance, poise, agility and vision.

What I mean to say is, when does his contract run out, and will we see him leave for nothing. What level can he play at? Will Coventry come back for him?!
    I said this to the guy next to me at the Gills game. I think losing Jones would hurt us just as much as losing Langstaff would, arguably more so.

If he stays fit for the rest of the season, then he's as good as gone in the summer unless we get promoted.

I've rewatched the goals from last night and although all 3 were well worked and above league 2 standard
    Jodi's contribution to that first one was simply AMAZING

On current form, Jodi is the best player in L2. He makes your average L2 full back look like a complete fool, game after game. 20 assists now. He's clearly brimming with confidence, and every time he gets the ball, something seems to happen. Every cross is dangerous.

Completely irreplaceable if he goes, but we'll struggle to keep hold of him unless we go up.

When's his contract up?

... what is the matter with you doomsters? Do you go around looking for problems in your lives? Get real and get on with enjoying the game ...

He's on our radar apparently and has been for some time now. No pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post

He's on most clubs radar pal

If he's been on your radar for so long, why didn't you sign him in the summer instead of McClean?

Anyway, I thought you lot didn't like him. He's always falling over and complaining, right? Which a certain star player of yours would never do.

He turned you down to join Notts. Confirmed by Luke Williams

He's got 20 assists in League 2 this season. The player in second place on that list has 9.

He's an absolute joy to watch.

Can we keep him next season - who knows?

Let's simply enjoy watching a player of such quality playing for Notts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast