+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Still top ten...

Your response was idiotic to be fair, I just responded to it

I do care that we are 6th on crowds and perception of others, each to their own

This club years before you became a shed boy, was by far the smallest club in the city, with crowds between 20-30th in country and some years 5 figures lower on average than the bigger older well established club in the city

To see where we are now, where we've gone through a very poor decade, spent 4-5 years out the top flight for the first time since the 1950s and despite that sitting in the second tier and still clearly being the 6th sized club in the country and not arguably either with only the big two plus hearts, hibs and sheep being bigger is something to be proud of and shows just how far we came and grew from back then

We have a unique history in Scottish football compared to the other established city or big town clubs and I don't take it for granted

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Your response was idiotic to be fair, I just responded to it
    Nope.
    I just pointed out what everybody knows.
    No criteria to agree what makes one club bigger than another. When clubs are of similar stature.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Nope.
    I just pointed out what everybody knows.
    No criteria to agree what makes one club bigger than another. When clubs are of similar stature.
    Its clearly the fanbase

It’s about attendances and fan base

We are 6th biggest club in the country and have been for a while

Just another pish BBC invent-a-survey to try to have a talking point (it worked).

Anyone who really still believes these chunts needs examined.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Just another pish BBC invent-a-survey to try to have a talking point (it worked).

It's not the BBC's opinion though, is it? It's the opinion of the 17,000 people who voted.

Some strange reactions on this thread when we are exactly where we should be on that list and I don't think the people who voted got much wrong with the rest.

In Scotland Celtic and Rangers are way ahead. Celtic probably edge it with the worldwide fanbase and winning the biggest trophy in European football.
    Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs not a lot between them, Aberdeen benefiting from being a one club city and Edinburgh Scotland 2nd largest city.
    United stand on their own in 6th
    Then you have another grouping of similar sized teams Motherwell, Dundee, St Mirren, Dunfermline, Falkirk, St Johnstone with Partick Thistle, Morton hovering just below.
    Next lot would be the likes of Airdrie, Inverness, Ross County, Raith Rovers, Ayr United, Livingston, Hamilton
    The rest are pretty small clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post

Isn't that what forums are about - having talking points?

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post
    Isn't that what forums are about - having talking points?
    Two weeks without a game and he's moaning we're talking about football 😁
    Cheer up Posse. Stay out of range from Hezbollah, wouldn't want an Arab killed by Arabs...🍺

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)