+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Still top ten...

Still top ten...

...according to a BBC survey.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68286146

Now we just need to get up and prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post

Pretty much matches this seasons attendance figures

We are clearly on our own as the 6th biggest club in Scotland. The fact we are still in top 6 with attendances in Scotland despite being in 2nd tier makes this clear. The list I would say is fairly accurate except I would maybe not have St Johnstone in top 10. I would say Sty Mirren, Dunfermline and Falkirk are bigger clubs unless it is based on recent success

Might be wrong here but I thought it's not just about attendances, relative success over decades in Europe, league placings Cups and Premiership Titles of which WE HAVE ONE 😄

Quote Originally Posted by DUFCstokie View Post

How the Fun made 8th based on the overall criteria is a wee bit of a mystery imo.
    Farmers have won more than them in living memory 😄

Celtic bigger than Rangers ? Aberdeen bigger than Hearts and Hibs, no way. It says at the top its by people's votes, not by actual crowds. The other one is far more accurate.

It's just based on the 17000 who filled in their top ten, the fun weren't in my top ten just based on not being top 12-14 on performance this century and so mediocre in cups, plus they can't claim 7th on crowds, Killie, Well and St Mirren all have a claim on that, based on home and away numbers

The top 6 are correct although you can debate 1/2 and 3/4

St Johnstone 10th is fine but not based on crowds where they are more like 12-15th

Bottom line is that there’s no criteria to decide which clubs are bigger than others.
    It’s all subjective and down to peoples opinion.
    Good for debate though. And a bit of fun.
    But If we’re not promoted this year then being 6th on a list means nothing.

In other words there is no criteria to say man utd are bigger than east stirlingshire? Of course that's not true

BBC decided to let people vote on their top 10s, regardless of what the criteria is the perception at least rings true, certainly regarding the top 6

Everyone is aware how important promotion is so not sure your point there, despite a terrible decade albeit with a couple nice years in there we are still hitting 8k average in the second tier, that's a positive, shows a big loyalty in our fanbase and we've not got any closer to not being 6th in the country in that respect

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    In other words there is no criteria to say man utd are bigger than east stirlingshire? Of course that's not true

BBC decided to let people vote on their top 10s, regardless of what the criteria is the perception at least rings true, certainly regarding the top 6

Everyone is aware how important promotion is so not sure your point there, despite a terrible decade albeit with a couple nice years in there we are still hitting 8k average in the second tier, that's a positive, shows a big loyalty in our fanbase and we've not got any closer to not being 6th in the country in that respect
    No great surprise that you come up with an idiotic response.
    As I’m sure was obvious to everybody I was talking about teams of similar standing.
    And it was a general statement.
    Celtic or Rangers. A matter of opinion which is bigger.
    And my point is that if we’re in the championship next year being 6th biggest club in Scotland won’t matter. Except to you apparently.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)