+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wiemann

Wiemann

Got to get the best out of him. He’s clearly a goal scorer and when you get two goals in quick succession and you have the natural ability like he does your confidence gets more goals. I’m sure Corberan will manage him in the best way possible, even if that means coming on as a super sub. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he pops up with another on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Got to get the best out of him. He’s clearly a goal scorer and when you get two goals in quick succession and you have the natural ability like he does your confidence gets more goals. I’m sure Corberan will manage him in the best way possible, even if that means coming on as a super sub. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he pops up with another on Friday night.
    Let’s hope so Boingy. To be honest, I like Asante but he is not a regular scorer. He does however hustle and bustle up front so should create opportunities for others, (if we have them). So perhaps Weinman could be a starter on Friday.

Sadly, I can’t get there Friday so will follow on FOTMOB.

Weinman has a good indtinct for spotting the right place to be in and Astante can willingly learn from this kind of experience. He really has not had much opportunity to learn that skill thus far.
    Nothing like an old pro for experience to learn from. Weinman busted a gut to get on the end of the pinpoint cross for the second goal last night.
    That is impressive to me. Looking a great piece of business by CC....again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Weinman has a good indtinct for spotting the right place to be in and Astante can willingly learn from this kind of experience. He really has not had much opportunity to learn that skill thus far.
    Nothing like an old pro for experience to learn from. Weinman busted a gut to get on the end of the pinpoint cross for the second goal last night.
    That is impressive to me. Looking a great piece of business by CC....again.
    Asante will only get better, does a great job harassing defences, chasing down, holding up and scoring goals, doing well in his development so far. Weimann has a good nose for goal though, and as you say can be good for Asante to learn from.

I really like Asante but acknowledge that he is not a natural goal scorer. Nevertheless, he does cause defences problems and feel that playing him alongside more clinical and experienced players such as Weimann will get us results. The acquisitions by Corberan so far seem to have been sound ones and think that Weimann, Johnston and Marshall will all contribute to our push to remain in play offs. May still have M'Vila too if reported visa issues can be resolved. All this and the directness and ability of Fellows puts us in a better position now than we were before Christmas in terms of attacking options. Just a great shame about Dike.

I'm sorry Boingy, but as far as I can see, Asante is a league one player at best. His work rate is second to none and he always puts a shift in. However, his first touch is abysmal and his strike rate is not really good enough for this level of football. I would like to see young Marshall given a go because according to my Hammers mates, he is a really good prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I'm sorry Boingy, but as far as I can see, Asante is a league one player at best. His work rate is second to none and he always puts a shift in. However, his first touch is abysmal and his strike rate is not really good enough for this level of football. I would like to see young Marshall given a go because according to my Hammers mates, he is a really good prospect.
    Don’t agree at all. Asante is going to be a top top striker. Maybe because that was my position in younger days I can see he’s got loads of attributes. We are very fortunate to have him and for the small fee he cost us. Excellent buy. I watched a few videos of Marshal and he’s very average in comparison. Don’t forget that leading the line for a whole season is very difficult and Asante has done it with a smile. The injuries have forced it upon him. Great lad.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Got to get the best out of him. He’s clearly a goal scorer and when you get two goals in quick succession........
    ......... you'd think someone might do the decent thing and spell your surname correctly 😆 😂 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    In fairness he isn't even a centre forward. He's a wide attacking player who can also play centrally. For £300K though he represents very good value for money thus far and his worth to us has already attracted a reported £5M bid from the place where strikers tend to terminate their meaningful careers (Stoke).

He's spent the majority of his time with us leading the line with little backup or rest and rotation due to injuries. Never moans as far as I'm aware and gives 100% 100% of the time even though the ball doesn't always end up where he wants it to go.

He is excellent at pressing opposition defenders and is on ten or so goals currently and could end up with fifte en to eighte en at this rate as we move into the business end of the season. We have a bloke on loan at Cardiff at the moment who posted similar figures for a much higher one.

I too would like to see more of Marshall as the raw ingredients are definitely there. Whether he can lead the line with that physique is open to question but then he's more a fox in and around the box type. Here's hoping he takes some of the strain off BTA or even compliments him when we're chasing games and points.

COYB 😎.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)