+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ollie

Not sure how you are coming to the view that you would sooner have Ollie than Barlaser,Gru. In the 2022/23 season Ollie played four more games with only two assists whilst Barlaser had seven assists. Imo Barlaser could be given the ball anywhere and he would be comfortable and has an eye for defence splitting passes(hence the more assists). It's all about opinions and i respect yours but i do believe Ollies game has suffered in the absence of Barlaser.

Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    Not sure how you are coming to the view that you would sooner have Ollie than Barlaser,Gru. In the 2022/23 season Ollie played four more games with only two assists whilst Barlaser had seven assists.
    gru doesn't believe in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post

His attitude has been appalling for 3 months.

Are you one of those fans who think we are bouncing straight back up next season?

Wake up.

We won't

These are the years of famine
    Depending on how bad it gets it might not be such a bad thing.
    It could give everyone a bit of a reset.

We're so obviously just not equipped for the Championship and what's it's morphing into.
    Almost a Prem2, with the amount of former premiership teams in it and all that associated wealth.

We can't compete with that, that's not negativity, it's just the reality.

Unfortunately that's the "reward" for a good League 1 campaign
    Maybe, if we can stay competitive in that division for a few years, it wouldn't be such a bad thing, not immediately coming straight back.

Your previous posts suggest you think we won't even be that and could be on a bit of slippery slope getting out of league 1 in the wrong direction.

Fair enough, personally I've no idea, this isn't the team that will be trying to be. I imagine plenty will be gone.

In some cases thank **** for that
    In some cases oh well, shame and in others onto bigger and better things with all our thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That “ mistake”

Where was is support?

Nearest 3 players to him were Hull players, none of ours supporting him.

Maybe he should have booted the ball into touch or just hoofed it anywhere, which he might do next time knowing that his teammates aren’t much help
    Hoofing it anywhere was exactly what he did at least twice in the second half before their goal, both times when we had players in front of him. Can't knock his effort but his distribution is lacking often.

Think about it our back 3 tues all right sided Humphreys can't have been fully match fit who was supposed to be the left sided defender? Giles had just hit the cross bar when they broke in attack so our defence wouldn't have been in position. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Think about it our back 3 tues all right sided Humphreys can't have been fully match fit who was supposed to be the left sided defender?.
    Humphries played on the left side , with Peltier in the middle and Odoffin on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Sooner have Ollie than Barlaser. Chieo was our go to player who could make things happen.
    Who wrote this, Mick Rathbone?? :-D

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I have said throughout the season he is not good enough.

His attitude has been appalling for 3 months.

Are you one of those fans who think we are bouncing straight back up next season?

Wake up.

We won't

These are the years of famine
    I`ve no idea,neither have you,but you just love a moan and the attention of saying something slightly annoying,like I said...grow up man.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I`ve no idea,neither have you,but you just love a moan and the attention of saying something slightly annoying,like I said...grow up man.
    I don't know the guy, but he's not wrong to suggest Ollie's attitude has been off recently. I don't even blame him. Contract up soon, obviously doesn't want to get injured, and it's been showing the last few months. Usually one to get a foot in and chase endlessly, but he's clearly dipped.

Ollie was getting booked more than he should think he realised that & was more reluctant to go in with as much intent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast