+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil Warnock , Aberdeen v Motherwell

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Seeing as you've decided to turn this political, what would the Tory philosophy be? Would they say "I've got plenty, so let it go to someone who has less", or would they say "I've got plenty, but I'll still grab even more"?

Nothing against Neil Warnock, it's good to know he still subscribes to Lifeline. So while I think the first three words of your post are pathetic, I would agree with the last bit. Have a drink Neil, you deserve it.
    Surely the Tory philosophy is to contact the running of Lifeline to their partner's company at a vastly inflated cost whilst ensuring that the only number included in the draw was their own, all whilst trying to convince the other members that this is the fairest and most efficient way of doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent Magpie View Post
    Surely the Tory philosophy is to contact the running of Lifeline to their partner's company at a vastly inflated cost whilst ensuring that the only number included in the draw was their own, all whilst trying to convince the other members that this is the fairest and most efficient way of doing things.

The Tory philosophy. Stop giving money to the bookies, it’s a mugs game.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    The Tory philosophy. Stop giving money to the bookies, it’s a mugs game.
    Only if you backed the Tories to win the next general election!

I've contributed to Lifeline since it's inception. My wife checks every draw and told me NW had won a prize this week.
    Very pleased for anyone who's lucky enough to be drawn out and NW certainly has earned a drink or two.
    Great that he still contributes to the cause like Charlie Slater who won a prize recently.

Did anyone notice Terry Bowles also won £50 on Lifeline.

Inauspicious start by Neil. In the league P5 W0 D2 L3. Tonight’s 0-2 defeat to St Johnstone follows on from a defeat on Saturday by the same score line at Kilmarnock. Natives are already restless suggesting that Neil has actually made the team worse than it was before he came. My daughter who is a season ticket holder at the Dons invited me to their cup game at the end of next week on the strength of my admiration of Neil and his time at Notts. I am going and hoping that he is still the manager then.

Good managers sometimes have bad starts.

Quote Originally Posted by KintoreMagpie View Post
    Inauspicious start by Neil. In the league P5 W0 D2 L3. Tonight’s 0-2 defeat to St Johnstone follows on from a defeat on Saturday by the same score line at Kilmarnock. Natives are already restless suggesting that Neil has actually made the team worse than it was before he came. My daughter who is a season ticket holder at the Dons invited me to their cup game at the end of next week on the strength of my admiration of Neil and his time at Notts. I am going and hoping that he is still the manager then.
    I get and understand why some people wanted Neil Warnock to come back this season for one last swansong and the romance of it. The dream of getting us to the playoff final and getting promoted to League One. I wanted Neil Warnock to come back before our current owners.

The thing that would have concerned me is if he had come back were if the results were underwhelming. How would fans have reacted? Is it worth risking all that you’ve achieved at a club because may fans under 35 would struggle to remember Neil Warnock first time round. It would have to have been the complete opposite of what we have seen in the last seven games with hindsight.

There comes a point where a manager can only do so much and it’s down to the players. As I posted on another thread LW and SMs results against the teams we have played in the last seven games are very similar. Make that eight as they both lost to Sutton.

So to have expected Neil Warnock to come in and get a substantially different outcome to LW and SM against those teams would have been asking a lot and the expectation would have been through the roof as well.

What I do see with Neil Warnick in the current set up is more of a director of football and that’s where he could have provided mentorship and support for SM. A one day a week role or something. Although his footballing philosophy probably does not match how the club want us to play. Now I’ve thought about it the current situation reminds me a bit of when Ray Trew appointed Craig Short after Steve Cotterill following promotion. Whilst results were not like now, Craig Short was also a rookie who did not have any experience of managing in the football league and probably could have done with a Dof. He was certainly sacked way too early but that’s a different story.

I don't think it matters who comes in he still has to work with the same defenders as LW and SM has to and they are just not good enough for this league.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Good managers sometimes have bad starts.
    They do but Neil has nothing to prove, unlike some.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast