+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A game of chance!

A game of chance!

The relative worth of clubs and the reason why is currently being discussed on other threads. So if you had the money and was looking for the next Bournemouth, Brentford, Luton who would you buy and why? Just base it on the 72 EFL clubs. Take into consideration club history, current position/finances, geography. The object is to produce a Premiership team not to sell their ground for redevelopment. One wrinkle, the team currently 72nd in the EFL Sutton Utd will cost you 1m, the team currently 1st in the EFL Leicester City will cost you 72m. On that sliding scale RUFC will cost you 49m so there's unlikely to be any buyers there

My choice and I know it will be an unpopular one.

MK Dons @ 19m.

Understand the concept, but just a question what would Rotherham really cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Understand the concept, but just a question what would Rotherham really cost?
    Who knows? Whatever TS values them at I suppose. Maybe 20-30m?

What about the pigs?

Portsmouth was a snip at £5.5 million. Good catchment area, big loyal fanbase, decent history. They are going to do ok. Nice chunk of TV money coming in next year. Not that their owner needs it

Charlton Athletic

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    What about the pigs?
    They'd cost you 50m on the scale I mentioned. Worth it given the state they are in?

Walsall…9million…but they break even most seasons so it wouldnt cost me much more money to run..!..

Definitely the Owls. They've been failures for donkeys years, but have an incredibly loyal fanbase. They have as much pertential as anyone in the Championship to become a top club, unfortunately.

Bradford city. Always followed well or maybe notts county. Recall them being a decent size club when I was a lad