+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sulphorites

Sulphorites

This is a really tough game.

They lost midweek away at Mansfield 9-2, and they are gonna be hurting - and looking for restoring some pride

On the other side of the coin there is a real danger of over-confidence after our brilliant midweek win.

Before the midweek games I was confident of getting another 3 points from this game, but am now much more cautious

Going for a 1-0 win
    FGS Aaron
    Crowd 5678

I'm going along with your 1-0. Harrogate won't be bringing a huge following so I'll go for 4,440.
    FGS: Nev

That was just one of those games where we always seemed to be on top without looking dangerous.
    Today I remembered why I used to get so frustrated with Kirk. All those crosses he just wafted aimlessly into the middle. He did have some impact on the game forcing their defence back.but end product was a disappointment. In the meantime Tracy was anonymous - won't take on his man, won't cross and won't shoot. What is he for? Holicek was a deserved MOTM, buzzing around6 and displaying some ball control and often involved in turnover.
    The first half was like the morning after the night before. Distribution was poor as passes were short, mis**** or played behind the player. There was more momentum in the second half, and Charlie contributed (forming a nice partnership with Rio for a short time). Nev and CBR huffed and puffed but the ball never fell to them.
    Disappointing, especially as Stockport and Mansfield both lost. We remain 11 points beyond 8th place so we'll be in the mix but with the Hatters having a wobble, it would have been nice to be 1 point off the top.

Oh and 19 people couldn't make it to the game so my attendance prediction was wrong 😉

Just listened to LB and my ears are not brilliant but at the end I think he was commenting on getting a red card from the ref for querying an incident in the second half re the linesman giving offside or something and the ref allowing play to go on? I could have that wrong but LB was pleased with the second half performance and both Stockport and Mansfield lost their games and so not too bad really...Games will be tough as everyone needs points.

BTW, I'm not sure the Ref should have any power to give cards to managers as they are there to ref the players on the pitch and not anybody off it....imv anyway.

I think the red card was given in the tunnel at the end but that again should not be allowed. Make a comment to the FA if need be but no cards...