+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Navalny

O/T:- Navalny

Well there's a surprise!

"Russia's most significant opposition leader for the past decade, Alexei Navalny, has died in prison inside the Arctic Circle, the prison service said.
    Seen as President Vladimir Putin's most vociferous critic, Navalny was serving a 19-year jail term for offences widely considered politically motivated.
    He was moved to an Arctic penal colony, considered one of the toughest jails, late last year.
    The prison service in the Yamalo-Nenets district said he had "felt unwell" after a walk on Friday.
    He had "almost immediately lost consciousness", it said in a statement, adding that an emergency medical team had immediately been called and tried to resuscitate him but without success."
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-02-2024 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well there's a surprise!

"Russia's most significant opposition leader for the past decade, Alexei Navalny, has died in prison inside the Arctic Circle, the prison service said.
    Seen as President Vladimir Putin's most vociferous critic, Navalny was serving a 19-year jail term for offences widely considered politically motivated.
    He was moved to an Arctic penal colony, considered one of the toughest jails, late last year.
    The prison service in the Yamalo-Nenets district said he had "felt unwell" after a walk on Friday.
    He had "almost immediately lost consciousness", it said in a statement, adding that an emergency medical team had immediately been called and tried to resuscitate him but without success."
    Another one "died" for opposing Poo Tin!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Another one "died" for opposing Poo Tin!!!
    Navalny : A true Russian Hero - probably one of the bravest men this century.

Will this be the event that leads to far right politicians like Trump and Farage withdrawing their support for Putin and maybe backing Ukraine? I’m not hopeful.

I have been following Navalny on various media outlets for around 4 years. He has, or had, Putin and the Russian Government down to a tee.
    I am just surprised that he has stayed alive this long knowing what Putin is capable of.
    It's a sad day for Russia, Navalny was the the last hope of any form of nomality for it's people.
    Sad day

Quote Originally Posted by The Dug Out View Post
    I have been following Navalny on various media outlets for around 4 years. He has, or had, Putin and the Russian Government down to a tee.
    I am just surprised that he has stayed alive this long knowing what Putin is capable of.
    It's a sad day for Russia, Navalny was the the last hope of any form of nomality for it's people.
    Sad day
    A brave brave man. A sad day for the silent in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Well there's a surprise!

Tried to resuscitate? You don't believe that do you? He was bumped off

Of course he was bumped off. (Every thing inside " " is the report, not my words).

Where's NCM's official Putin defender and spokesperson? I'd be interested to hear his view on this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Will this be the event that leads to far right politicians like Trump and Farage withdrawing their support for Putin and maybe backing Ukraine? I’m not hopeful.
    Backing them to do what exactly ? A never ending war with the daily risk of a world ending nuclear exchange ?
    They're never going to win a war against Russia, best they can do is ask the US for permission to start peace talks, make no mistake the US hawks wanted this war.
    JFK, blown away, by his own CIA.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast