+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Final points predictions

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Well what does everybody think now, I thought that my 77 pts. was a little bit conservative, but now I can't see past 70 pts.
    Will that be enough, who knows? I'm thinking a draw against Accy and a win against Grimsby.
    Agree a point at Accy is not out of the question. Also not beyond us to win at Morecambe. We should beat Grimsby, Colchester may have their fate sealed before we get to them. Which leaves Wrexham. And it is anyones guess what happens against them!

Well, you won't like what I'm going to say now..

I cannot see us winning another game after the last 7 games and we played terrible against FGR and looked lke we had never played together before. Just go and look at their first goal to see what I mean. Spending a million quid on a kids academy is a bloody joke and if I was the Chairman, I would shut it down today and save a load of money for next season and please, get rid of all those non players, coaches and managers and just get one in as they used to for over a hundred years before the idiots got control of this game. If we made the play offs by other clubs not winning then we won't get past the first round. Have you see Carlisle this season. Made L1 last season via the play off final and now bottom of the league and coming down to the bottom league again. Who cares how many points we will get! And get rid of the players who seem to miss half the season with injuries. There used to be something where the players knew they were not good enough for promotion and decided playing in a bottom league kept them in jobs. Even LB apologised to the fans about how they played. He was dead right!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 02-04-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Well, you won't like what I'm going to say now..

I cannot see us winning another game after the last 7 games and we played terrible against FGR and looked lke we had never played together before. Just go and look at their first goal to see what I mean. Spending a million quid on a kids academy is a bloody joke and if I was the Chairman, I would shut it down today and save a load of money for next season and please, get rid of all those non players, coaches and managers and just get one in as they used to for over a hundred years before the idiots got control of this game. If we made the play offs by other clubs not winning then we won't get past the first round. Have you see Carlisle this season. Made L1 last season via the play off final and now bottom of the league and coming down to the bottom league again. Who cares how many points we will get! And get rid of the players who seem to miss half the season with injuries. There used to be something where the players knew they were not good enough for promotion and decided playing in a bottom league kept them in jobs. Even LB apologised to the fans about how they played. He was dead right!
    You are spot on Mike. I don't like what you are saying.

Well my 82 has gone now, but I do think we'll get more than another 4 even though we only have 5 from the last 7 games. The worry is that though we'll probably crawl over the line into the playoffs, it'll be at the playoff team in worst form and least confidence unless somehting turns quickly, very different from 2012 when we only had one more point than now but were absolutely flying.

It was a good gate yesterday and wonder how many will come back again? The question then is what has happened to this team over the last 7 games to be what bottom of the form table? Something does not make sense!

Alex fans have been rapturous in how we have done this season and yet we are playing like a bottom of the league side. Its not just injuries as Offord was hopeless last season and most wanted him transferred away. I cannot believe HOW we lost to the bottom of the league side in the way we did and that first goal was probably the worst I have seen from a professional side. There was not one defender anywhere near him or anywhere near their attackers and were watching the ball like in other matches. I think fans don't like hearing this but I suggest its the academy training in passing the ball and not getting stuck in like we used to see in football. No defender we have can stop a ball being crossed into the box. Its heartbreaking to see a season where we could have made big strides to effectively give up wih just a few games to go. So its back to normal Crewe Alex with another million quid spent on that really useless academy.....Lesson No1, money should be spent on first team players and not a second rate academy where nobody thinks its great and actually nobody in the lower tiers want one and so why do we?

I don't think we will win another game this season. Wrexham fans will love coming here already promoted first season back in the league and laughing at the dire thinking supporters we have left on the other side..

What was the point in beating Stockport, Mansfield, Notts County and Barrow, away and then lose 3-0 at home to the bottom of the league side???? Maybe the home fans should all get a refund?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 02-04-2024 at 01:25 PM.

I can see us getting at least 7 points from our remaining 5 games, which will be enough to qualify for the play-offs. By the end of the season and into the play-offs we should have Tabs and CBR back and settled. That would mean at least two of our own back in midfield, which is where the root of recent problems have been.
    As for the 'academy issue', the mistake that led to the first goal was by Turns - not our academy product and the second goal - neither Demetriou nor (again) Turns ( beaten by the huge opposition CH without leaving the ground) are from the academy, so I don't how the academy, in this instance, can be at fault for losing on Monday.
    Perhaps I shouldn't have said that.😲

I'll also say to whoever wants to read it, I believe ALMOST ALL of the Premier league have Academies. Also they have a whole team of backroom staff (including catering MANAGERS and office MANAGERS). Not only them but Real Madrid and Barca and Bayern etc.etc.
    But hey ho!

I know! I know! I've broken my own rules. But I live in hope!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I know! I know! I've broken my own rules. But I live in hope!!
    There are no rules left to break after our teams performance yesterday. I did make the point that Cat2 academies are not wanted by lower league sides and it was only Dario who just happened to be on the FA's working group that implemented Cat2.

The PL money is a disgrace to humanity where any player irrespective of how good they are can earn millions in just one season and then can retire after one season. Work that one out. The PL have hundreds of millions to spend and of course they have super duper academies to waste money on. Have you noticed how few of the academy graduates get into the first team and how many foreign players we have now in the PL?

We have wasted at least 10 million pounds in the last 10 seasons and apart from the odd one or two players, got nothing back for the first team and even the players that have left can't make the big time and go out on loan....I thought the BoD were professional people who would know a clear failure when its in front of them...

Downgrade the academy to Cat4 and save millions for the first team...The Chairman can make the announcement today...

What I mean is that the PL academies have literally hundreds and I mean hundreds of players that don't make the grade to the first team and so are available to be passed down to all the league clubs with the better ones going to the Championship and so on etc. That way, no lower league club needs to have an academy other than an after school thing where kids can go and have a kickabout with a second rate coach. Anyway all these kids are at school and so why are we paying all these non players, coaches, managers such like, full time salaries?

Lets get back to one manager on the touchline as we have four and not one could stop the rot of yesterday and the last 7 games....Money wasted? Of course.....Players and not manager coaches are needed...Can the Chairman and BoD not see this?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 02-04-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast