+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QOS v Edinburgh City

No games a given for this lot.

Yeah, I get the Bartley uttering. However, these players are utter charlatans. The majorityare devoid of personality, pride, effort, ability, know how, skill, etc, etc, the list is endless I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    The thought of attending the shareholders meeting is enough to make me ill, - but the idea of listening to Marvin's utter drivel is nauseating, - so I won't be there.

We all accept that football is not like any other business, - but for heaven's sake, - we have a team of full time professionals and a manager who has has had a year in the First Division, - with all due respect to Edinburgh City, - that should have been a 'given' today.

I really am at a loss for words, - unless Marvin has given up the ghost and wants to be relieved of his duties?
    You are exactly to kind of person we need there Jardi. Someone who’s well respected, a good speaker & not scared to say something.

Dont let them win

More worrying is how close Annan will be if we lose against them in a few weeks time.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    You are exactly to kind of person we need there Jardi. Someone who’s well respected, a good speaker & not scared to say something.

Dont let them win
    I agree 100% that Jardi should attend to hold the board accountable.

Threefivetwo is spot on calling the players a bunch of charlatans. Week after week it is the same insipid performances. The majority of the players are simply not good enough, even for the level we find ourselves at, and we have a manager who clearly can't get his message across. A mass clear out from top to bottom is required otherwise we are going to drift off into oblivion.

It's up to the manager to get the best out of the players many of whom are his signings. They don't seem to want to play for Bartley and therein lies the problem.

The manager is the person who should be held accountable not the BOD.......especially as everyone suggests the BOD should not intervene when it comes to the managers tactics.

We need you there to challenge the manager & BOD please Jardi.
    Any reply from Dan yet ?

Spike, I get that Bartley is not Pep Guardiola nor does he appear to be the most motivational or competent coach in the world. However, you say they don't seem to want to play for Bartley! They play for Queen of the South FC. They are paid employees therefore if they are plying their trade at a low level or not trying a leg because of one man, that is shocking. Professional pride dictates that effort should be a given regardless of poor tactics or ignorance on the part of others.

Many other employers wouldn't tolerate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Spike, I get that Bartley is not Pep Guardiola nor does he appear to be the most motivational or competent coach in the world. However, you say they don't seem to want to play for Bartley! They play for Queen of the South FC. They are paid employees therefore if they are plying their trade at a low level or not trying a leg because of one man, that is shocking. Professional pride dictates that effort should be a given regardless of poor tactics or ignorance on the part of others.

Many other employers wouldn't tolerate that.
    Fair enough points but football is full of examples where the manager loses the dressing room and the players go through the motions when they lose respect for the manager. It shouldn't happen but it does.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)