+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Roundwood

I'm guessing Taylor and Richardson have the pair of balls to tell the truth and demand more unlike Warne who seemed more of yes man and just get on with things.

Who owns the land at Aurora nowadays?

Because it's still us according to the council.

Theres limitations on the land which was known when we bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post

When did “ we” ( as in RUFC) purchase the Aurora site?

The land and site used to belong to Firth Rixson Aurora, but that organisation was wound up in 2013

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    I'm guessing Taylor and Richardson have the pair of balls to tell the truth and demand more unlike Warne who seemed more of yes man and just get on with things.
    The majority of the current facilities at Roundwood were done at the request of Paul Warne, new gym, dressing rooms etc. They’re not Championship standard by any stretch but he left it in a hell of a lot better state than he found it.

As usual everything is as clear as mud. Warnock knew what he was talking about but as usual we just put a sticking plaster over the problem. We are a sticking plaster club reactive to a degree but not proactive. We would be better prioritising getting decent training facilitiesgood and a decent academy and then think about pushing up the leagues. Might not go down well with the fans but if this was explained to them they might be patient to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    The majority of the current facilities at Roundwood were done at the request of Paul Warne, new gym, dressing rooms etc. They’re not Championship standard by any stretch but he left it in a hell of a lot better state than he found it.
    That's right and he had to use the proceeds from the sale of a player to fund the improvements.
    I can't remember who the player was but I seem to remember the amount involved was something like £600k.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's right and he had to use the proceeds from the sale of a player to fund the improvements.
    I can't remember who the player was but I seem to remember the amount involved was something like £600k.
    Was it Danny Ward? He still got us promoted at the end of that season without being able to use that money on new players.

The years of famine are upon us

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    As usual everything is as clear as mud. Warnock knew what he was talking about but as usual we just put a sticking plaster over the problem. We are a sticking plaster club reactive to a degree but not proactive. We would be better prioritising getting decent training facilitiesgood and a decent academy and then think about pushing up the leagues. Might not go down well with the fans but if this was explained to them they might be patient to a degree.
    I agree with that, we have had a long time to sort out such crucial factors for creating any sort of sustainable development.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post

Still had Rotherham United sign up until 2017
    Bawtry Rd
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZPF3dcPT88F4hpRTA

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast