+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grimshaw

Cannot believe no one has mentioned how one footed this player is. Major hold back in his style and ability to move a ball accurately and quickly. For a professional player to be so onefooted, it's so frustrating watching his body being adjusted in increments so he can use his right foot. Causes major problems and I think this is singled out for a quick press because of this.

I still disagree here, not many chances given away down that side, he actively tries to drive us forward in games where it just isn't happening, Raith, Ayr and Morton at home, Dunfy away, QP away, maybe our best player in each of those

A player who is a 7 most games minimum and under appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I still disagree here, not many chances given away down that side, he actively tries to drive us forward in games where it just isn't happening, Raith, Ayr and Morton at home, Dunfy away, QP away, maybe our best player in each of those

A player who is a 7 most games minimum and under appreciated
    not having that, fanbase constantly moaning about the style of play and the soulless boring football, its having players like grimshaw that contribute to that.

Has his limitations but when he turns back it's because there isn't a player in clear space to pass to. Freeman looked more attacking but that's because he'd happily play a ball forward to a marked player which often resulted in counter attacks.

When Goodwin looked at his budget for this season I'm sure he never looked at Grimshaw and thought he was the next Andy Robertson. He saw a player that would work his ar5e off to defend and to stop crosses coming from that side. And that's exactly what he's done.

The time for this kind of debate is for May if and when we are going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    Has his limitations but when he turns back it's because there isn't a player in clear space to pass to. Freeman looked more attacking but that's because he'd happily play a ball forward to a marked player which often resulted in counter attacks.

When Goodwin looked at his budget for this season I'm sure he never looked at Grimshaw and thought he was the next Andy Robertson. He saw a player that would work his ar5e off to defend and to stop crosses coming from that side. And that's exactly what he's done.

The time for this kind of debate is for May if and when we are going up.
    rubbish. The amount of times a midfielder is on and he wont pass to him is unreal, watch the next match, graham is bad for it too. They are soo **** scared to pass the ball unless the player is in acres of space. They just recycle it to another defender. Its a big part of our lack of attacking

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    rubbish. The amount of times a midfielder is on and he wont pass to him is unreal, watch the next match, graham is bad for it too. They are soo **** scared to pass the ball unless the player is in acres of space. They just recycle it to another defender. Its a big part of our lack of attacking
    As I mentioned earlier our problem is in the final third, unlocking defences with creativity and taking simple chances. Stuff like this just seems to be a distraction but then some United fans have always needed a boo boy and I'm willing to bet it's pretty well known in player circles and probably cost us some signings down the years. Even some decent players might think twice about playing down the GF side, it's a complete no win situation. Play well, that's your job, have a poor game, get slaughtered.
    We have other players letting us down far more than Grimshaw ever does.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    As I mentioned earlier our problem is in the final third, unlocking defences with creativity and taking simple chances. Stuff like this just seems to be a distraction but then some United fans have always needed a boo boy and I'm willing to bet it's pretty well known in player circles and probably cost us some signings down the years. Even some decent players might think twice about playing down the GF side, it's a complete no win situation. Play well, that's your job, have a poor game, get slaughtered.
    We have other players letting us down far more than Grimshaw ever does.
    like who ?

like who ?
    Not going there. I've given my opinion, you have yours, let's agree to disagree.

like who ?
    Seriously? Grimshaw may have his limitations but he doesn't go missing in action. Considering relegation, the subsequent budgeting restraints and trying to attract players to a championship side, I don't understand what some supporters expected from our signings. Grimshaw plays with heart, which is more than can be said about a number of our players.

Grimshaw gives his all. Decent defender - probably one of the best right backs in the division.

We are where we are and need players like this

Keeping a decent player in Freeman out of the team - that’s my opinion of Freeman who has performed well at times in the premier league I know others don’t like him

Grimshaw is more reliable than most

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)