+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Wrexham AFC 17.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Not embarrassing losing 1-0 there, I’ll take the positives with Jatta to come and a favourable run in, hopefully we get in the play offs.
    Not sure about favourable run-in. Some teams may be near the bottom but my reckoning we've only beaten 6 of the 14 teams we're yet to play.

We don’t seem to have the mental strength to beat teams away from home in a league fixture of magnitude since Chesterfield(a) last season. When next season comes around we need a starting XI that aren’t just fast track bully’s and can go away from home against sides above us and win. I really thought we’d win today … it was all in our favour but …

Quote Originally Posted by MapperleyMagpie View Post
    Poor defence, no heart or fight in the team, we are a mid table team at best . Why change the bloody formation? Why no strikers yet again on bench
    The defence couldn't have been to bad today, we have conceded one goal away to the best team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Cameron an absolute shambles. The man is clueless. I await his fan club talking their usual nonsense.
    Kyle Cameron can't defend. That's his problem. He's not bad on the ball, but he just doesn't have the instincts of a defender. If he has a bright future in football it won't be as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    1. You don’t know they are going up.

2. For the money they’ve spent you’d want to be building a side that can actually play at a higher level, they don’t have to buy bargains like we do

I would want better value for my money if I were dead pool
    Think its pretty likely Wrexham will be promoted

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Kyle Cameron can't defend. That's his problem. He's not bad on the ball, but he just doesn't have the instincts of a defender. If he has a bright future in football it won't be as a defender.
    He's an enigma - when we played Torquay away in the play-offs he looked great and had room to improve. At Notts he seems to have gone into his shell and relies on buying a free-kick too often instead of having the decisiveness to make an early decision which doesn't leave things to chance. I'd say if we want to challenge then we need better.

He's not the fastest, most technical or great in the air.

I'd say Baldwin showed when Wrexham had their period at the start of the second half how crucial he is to us. Someone of his calibre but maybe even a bit more rudimentary would be great.

My first choice back 4 for Crewe would be:
    Macari Warner Baldwin Chicksen

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Stall: Plenty of positives in the performance but nothing for points.
    And in the end its the ppints that matter

I don’t normally comment on refereeing performances and I’m not going to change the habit of a lifetime for that cretin.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Davy will be wetting himself.
    Why will i- I just dont think LW was that good - and his results so far at Swansea prove that

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Ref is very biased towards Wrexham so far, letting so much go, lots of fouls that are only going the Welsh teams way... we are playing ok without creating much, lots of balls into the box but to absolutely nobody in a Notts shirt, Cameron is getting absolutely roasted
    In the end - it was the ref,s decision to diasallow goal that handed Wrexham all 3 points

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast