+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Wrexham AFC 17.02.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Stags at home aside, performances have been fine. We haven’t even conceded loads in them generally, our much vaunted will-surely-be-sold-to-the-Championship-soon attacking players just appear to be completely useless when faced with a team who might make the play-offs or better.
    How many chances did we create against the better sides. Especially later in the games when all the bigger teams just shut up shop against us and we gleefully pass the ball around the edge of their box. We couldn't unpick a Christmas cracker padlock with the current team / set up and the stats speak for themselves against the better drilled sides. We cannot win ugly. We sometimes just need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Err, cos they're better than us?
    see above

Okay, but surely we ought to be able to at least... I dunno... something.

Missed it all due to work today. Not reading through the full thread either as it's late.
    However, from what I've seen (EFL extended highlights) we looked very unlucky to come away with nothing.
    The highlights posted above dont do us justice.
    Looks like Didzy's goal was legit. Macca missed a sitter.
    If we play like that against most, we'll start putting a run together now.
    Unlucky Notts. Now on to Crewe. We owe them one for that ****ty away day earlier on in the season. Hate Crewe. Tin pot as ****. Crap away day and *******s supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Missed it all due to work today. Not reading through the full thread either as it's late.
    However, from what I've seen (EFL extended highlights) we looked very unlucky to come away with nothing.
    The highlights posted above dont do us justice.
    Looks like Didzy's goal was legit. Macca missed a sitter.
    If we play like that against most, we'll start putting a run together now.
    Unlucky Notts. Now on to Crewe. We owe them one for that ****ty away day earlier on in the season. Hate Crewe. Tin pot as ****. Crap away day and *******s supporters.
    I've always liked Crewe, they try to play football and always give youngsters a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    He can't defend and when he tries he either falls over looking for a free kick or sells the keeper short with a back pass week after week!!! He ain't a captain, never has been. Possibly the quietest captain on the pitch ever! Why does every manager continue with him as captain?? Wrexham knew he was crap and played a lot down his side.

Crewe next, deep joy another zero points game to look forward to
    Just seen the Parkinson interview and he said they targeted Cameron and put their dangerman on the centre half playing left back and it worked. Surely if we play a back four Chicksen is a better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I've always liked Crewe, they try to play football and always give youngsters a chance.
    We all know why they give youngsters a chance.

Just seen the Parkinson interview and he said they targeted Cameron and put their dangerman on the centre half playing left back and it worked. Surely if we play a back four Chicksen is a better defender.
    Yet another reason why he needs to be shown the exit door. 2 year contract is going to come back to haunt us on that one but at the end of last season most people would have put him on the keep list.

We have no doubt that Macca is a damn good player, 22 goals prove it. But...against the top sides in our league he barely gets a look in & when he does, for whatever reason, he doesn't put it away, the 1st minute miss says so.This must have affected his attraction to higher league clubs,his ability must put doubts in their minds when millions of ££'s are being talked about, the comparisons with Vardy are evaporating.
    That goal of Didsy's was legit,chested down & in, the ref made a mistake which happens.
    We were tremendous for the first 45, flattered to decieve springs to mind but we are better than that, maybe 2 more pieces in the jigsaw and we will be winning games like yesterday (twice) and mansfield(twice) and stockport and gillingham. Maybe one of the pieces just arrived in da house in time for crewe.

Surely if we play a back four Chicksen is a better defender.
    I've often thought that 'pie. Camaron seems to have no imagination when it comes to playing the ball out. LW used to insist on sideways pass, pass, pass and pass and at last, when Camaron saw fit to move the ball forward, it was always to whoever was on his left, no variation, just forward to his left. I often wondered why the enemy managers never spotted that and at last, in a league higher, one has.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast