+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Wrexham AFC 17.02.24 [EFL L2]

Is that a new away top?

hmm why revert?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    C'mon people, Jatta can't possibly be ready for selection. Not on a fitness level, he may well be able to run the legs off any of our players but until he has more than a lazy kick around on the practice ground he won't have a clue how the players around him play or how they expect him to play. He needs some intense full team training before he is put in a position that could damage his confidence, cost the team points or get the not so understanding supporters on his back.
    You could say the same for Morias. Having an attacking option from the bench surely is a plus… it’s funny how we have a player signed on and raring to go and the attitude is about possible fitness and knowing how we play. Yet Cedwyn Scott has been out for 6 months and folk we excited he’d be back and firing in March, yet both scanarios are relevant to him.
    I’m not suggesting we Chuck him on for the sake of it, but why not have him on the bench and if the game situation dictates we can get 10-15 minutes of football in to him.
    Now I have seen todays squad I’m flabbergasted. 3 defenders and 3 midfielders in the bench.

3 at the back then, more attacking but leaving us wide open to Wrexhams hoof it over the top tactics that they play a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Is that a new away top?
    That's the goalkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    3 at the back then, more attacking but leaving us wide open to Wrexhams hoof it over the top tactics that they play a fair bit.
    Why change a winning side?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’d say another gutsy decision to go to a back 3 if that’s the case, if he has he obviously believes that’s the best set up against them.

My thoughts exactly, especially against Wrexham and their "style" of play. I thought maybe Macari was injured again but he's on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’d say another gutsy decision to go to a back 3 if that’s the case, if he has he obviously believes that’s the best set up against them.
    Fingers crossed it works out. Otherwise more ammunition for those who think he is out of his depth.

Fingers crossed it works out. Otherwise more ammunition for those who think he is out of his depth.
    I don’t think he is tactically and if he’s brave enough to do what he believes will work rather than the safe option with fans it says a lot about him.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast