+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Notts County reference in the Deadpool & Wolverine trailer

Had a look at one of the trailers and couldn't find it. Does the op have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Had a look at one of the trailers and couldn't find it. Does the op have a link?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=057BaPUGPPM

59 seconds in

You're welcome chaps. Admit it, you can't help but like our owners

Quote Originally Posted by BenFostersGloves View Post
    I do like your owners - they're very likeable, especially Reynolds. You can see why they've both gone far, and I can see why Wrexham fans adore them, and why they've managed to draw new fans in from across the pond.

I'm not sure why our fans are getting excited about a celebrity doing little winks towards our club though. We don't need celebrity endorsements to be well known in the football world. And outside the football world - who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm not sure why our fans are getting excited about a celebrity doing little winks towards our club though.
    Because it's a very cool little nod somewhere nobody would have guessed a few years ago, from a very nice chap. No more, but no less either.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Not every day a Hollywood film star gives your League Two football club a nod in his movie. Ryan Reynolds seems a genuinely good egg.
    I agree, in the world of Football, there are a lot of not so very nice people, especially at the ownership level.

The good ones should be acknowledged.

Yes they're good owners for you and seem nice people as well.

Our club badge has 2 magpies on it.
    Aren't we reading too much into this?

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I do like your owners - they're very likeable, especially Reynolds. You can see why they've both gone far, and I can see why Wrexham fans adore them, and why they've managed to draw new fans in from across the pond.

I'm not sure why our fans are getting excited about a celebrity doing little winks towards our club though. We don't need celebrity endorsements to be well known in the football world. And outside the football world - who cares?
    We don't 'need' it, but its a nice gesture of respect and recognition commemorating the epic journey Notts and Wrexham enjoyed last year.

I suspect there's a nod to Jason Turner's memory implicit in it too, so perhaps we should just receive it with good grace in the spirit I'm sure it's meant? A touch of class from Ryan Reynolds deserves an equally classy response from us in my view.
    Last edited by jackal2; 19-02-2024 at 11:50 PM.

I'm quite happy to say I like your owners. I think what they have done for lower league football is good and they seem to have the right intentions and understand the community aspect of what owning a football club is about. So all in all I get the impression they are good owners much like ours, but naturally different characters.

I also think the way they have been respectful towards our own club during the rivalry last season (which was a season to remember for both clubs and what a story it was) and also how they were after the sad passing of our CEO Jason Turner was commendable and deserving of respect.

This little nod to our club in the trailer is something that we should take it for what it is and be respectful of and appreciate it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast