+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Return of The Long Corner

Return of The Long Corner

Seems we’ve changed tactics back to the long corner now being the favored route.

We played a couple more in the previous home game, but didn't send forward 6.4" Jaden Warner!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    We played a couple more in the previous home game, but didn't send forward 6.4" Jaden Warner!
    Yeah I noticed that. I think it's because he's very fast but he's 6 foot 4 and he's not the only quick player we've got!

When will the return of long shots happen? Those last 15 mins were crying out for a Baldwin thunderstrike while we were recycling posession over and over.

... it's always easier from the stands ...

Hope not, we don't have the height to compete until Jatta is on the pitch. I certainly wouldn't be putting Warner up there too often with our defence. I prefer the short corner but with the odd long corner to mix it up a bit.

I get the short corner routine but still nice to see a little bit of variety.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Hope not, we don't have the height to compete until Jatta is on the pitch. I certainly wouldn't be putting Warner up there too often with our defence. I prefer the short corner but with the odd long corner to mix it up a bit.
    When you look at that Jatta promotional video he didn’t appear to be particularly good in the air. I think we should lower our expectations and in that way we can give the lad a fair chance.