+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Wrexham

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Ashby-Hammond 7
    Cameron 6
    Baldwin 8
    Warner 7
    Nemane 5.5
    Bostock 6
    Robertson 7
    Jones 8
    Crowley 7
    McGoldrick 6
    Langstaff 5.5

Surprised by the negative vibe of some ratings. The game could easily have been 2-2, and their goalie would get an 8.5 from me.
    I agree. I think the scoreline has influenced the ratings, the same as Mansfield.
    However just like Mansfield we were denied a legitimate goal and should have earned a very good point.
    I’m so angry about the disallowed goal. Absolutely robbed again.
    Just to add insult, the ball drops perfectly to Fletchers foot because it hits his forearm on the way down.

Ashby-Hammond 7
    Cameron 6
    Baldwin 8
    Warner 7
    Nemane 5.5
    Bostock 6
    Robertson 7
    Jones 8
    Crowley 7
    McGoldrick 6
    Langstaff 5.5

Surprised by the negative vibe of some ratings. The game could easily have been 2-2, and their goalie would get an 8.5 from me.
    What’s become ever clearer in recent weeks is the players we need to replace from the starting XI if we want to improve next season. I’m sure Macari would have been playing yesterday in place of Nemane if the club thought he was fit enough to play again after Tuesday, but they’re nursing him back. Elsewhere, Robertson is showing he’s an important addition in midfield and the new keeper has brought a steadying influence to the side. Left back needs addressing next.

The big concern this season is our forwards’ poor showing against our rivals. Jacob (of this parish) tweeted that our record against those above us is played 11, won 0, drawn 3 and lost 8 - which explains why we won’t be going up this season. But it’s also apparent that Macca and Didzy have struggled against the best defences. There’s a touch of Graeme Hick about them - flat-track bullies who can’t do it against tough opposition.

Mansfield and Wrexham may have both done the double over us, but the one consolation is that other than the Mansfield trouncing at home, they’ve all been tight games where we could have picked up at least a point. That’s the next challenge - starting against Crewe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    What’s become ever clearer in recent weeks is the players we need to replace from the starting XI if we want to improve next season. I’m sure Macari would have been playing yesterday in place of Nemane if the club thought he was fit enough to play again after Tuesday, but they’re nursing him back. Elsewhere, Robertson is showing he’s an important addition in midfield and the new keeper has brought a steadying influence to the side. Left back needs addressing next.

The big concern this season is our forwards’ poor showing against our rivals. Jacob (of this parish) tweeted that our record against those above us is played 11, won 0, drawn 3 and lost 8 - which explains why we won’t be going up this season. But it’s also apparent that Macca and Didzy have struggled against the best defences. There’s a touch of Graeme Hick about them - flat-track bullies who can’t do it against tough opposition.

Mansfield and Wrexham may have both done the double over us, but the one consolation is that other than the Mansfield trouncing at home, they’ve all been tight games where we could have picked up at least a point. That’s the next challenge - starting against Crewe next week.
    Langstaff and McGoldrick have both scored legitimate goals against stags and Wrexham this season.

Ashby-Hammond 7
    Cameron 6
    Baldwin 8
    Warner 7
    Nemane 5.5
    Bostock 6
    Robertson 7
    Jones 8
    Crowley 7
    McGoldrick 6
    Langstaff 5.5

I'll go along with these.

Ashby-Hammond 7
    Cameron 6
    Baldwin 8
    Warner 7
    Nemane 5.5
    Bostock 6
    Robertson 7
    Jones 8
    Crowley 7
    McGoldrick 6
    Langstaff 5.5

The stream failed so I can't say either way who's right or wrong but listening to the commentary and watching extended highlights your marks seem more realistic than the lower ones.
    We should have taken the lead as we should have against the Stags and not doing so has cost us. We also missed a sitter early on against Newport but didn't pay the price. In tight games against good teams you have to take your chances and sometimes keep a clean sheet. We've been on the wrong end of it all season.
    Still time to make the difference for the playoffs but I think yesterday marked the end of any hope of top three.
    Encouraged by Maynard, he seems realistic and goals against are significantly down. Although we've not scored against Stags and Wrexham we did make chances and he can't be blamed for misses.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Nemane was right back for the first half and beat two men to win the free kick in the second half. People seem to have defective memories when it comes to our Azza.

Other than they’re pretty fair. I thought Cameron and Warner were better than their ratings and McGoldrick much worse.

Didzy was our worst performer today by some distance imo, and has been a massive disappointment in these big games this season. If he was on a one year contract I wouldn’t be offering him a new one.
    Nemane couldn't beat an egg!! Total waste of a shirt.

Ashby-Hammond 7
    Cameron 6
    Baldwin 8
    Warner 7
    Nemane 5.5
    Bostock 6
    Robertson 7
    Jones 8
    Crowley 7
    McGoldrick 6
    Langstaff 5.5

These ratings are more aligned with my views after leaving the game. Baldwin for me is one who has improved so much this season and whilst he has been prone to the odd mistake at times overall he's adapted well to League Two level. I believe he is out of contract in the summer so I'd be offering him a new contract as he is pivotal to how we play and build up from the back.

I like Robertson as well and think he's getting better each game as he settles into the midfield role he has been given. I liked his aggression and combativeness yesterday against Wrexham. He was not going to be bullied or roll over for them. Another player who I think will be key for the remainder of the season.

Ashby-Hammond 7
    Cameron 6
    Baldwin 8
    Warner 7
    Nemane 5.5
    Bostock 6
    Robertson 7
    Jones 8
    Crowley 7
    McGoldrick 6
    Langstaff 5.5

Some definite good things to take from the game, usual Nemane haters out in force, did OK playing right back first half, had several blistering runs at them second half.
    Thought jones was far better playing on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Some definite good things to take from the game, usual Nemane haters out in force, did OK playing right back first half, had several blistering runs at them second half.
    Thought jones was far better playing on the right.
    I’m getting sick of the stick Nemanes getting as it’s getting to the point of vindictive. He may read social media or friends and family and it’s just totally uncalled for.
    On the whole he puts a shift in, never goes missing in the fact he doesn’t want the ball which shows courage and what can he do? Say I don’t want play RB or WB because I’m a winger or right of front a three, all he can do is his best.
    Macari I imagine wasn’t fit enough to play a 2nd game in the week after injury, Brindley unlike Nemane never ever wants the ball or to go forward and Rawlinson isnt quick enough/nimble enough to play RB, the lad got forward and tried to make things happen, he’s a Notts player who tries 100% and some need to remember that.

It might be useful with the player ratings if the posters indicate if they were at the game, watched the live stream, listened to the commentary, or none of those. I attend all the home games, and watch a live stream if I can't get to the away games. I'm not saying my opinion is any more valid than anybody else's, but I find some of the negative comments quite baffling.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast