+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gig prices…

Gig prices…

Are bands exploiting fans just because they can?

Bdb recently bought three tickets to see AC/DC in that there London and must have cost him around 400 notes which is outrageous in my eyes,I went to see McCartney and that was close to £100 years ago but it was a once in a lifetime gig to see my hero for me so I stumped up,any big name now commands big ticket prices but punters are still buying them so how can young fans who grew up to their parents record collection ever get to see them?

I’ve got a ticket to see Deacon Blue at Scarborough later in the year which cost me £50,my normal cutoff point is £40 but I paid it as I’m planning a long weekend up there and do some exploring in the area,also got a ticket to see the Barenaked Ladies in Manchester and this was £40 and it’s not really a big venue and they haven’t had a hit over here in years

So,are the prices justified due to supply and demand or is it just plain exploitation?

Wembley stadium has a capacity for concerts of 90,000 according to google.. ok the stand behind the stage is closed but there is pitch standing..
    With ticket fees 3x gold standing was £439 so your about right…

Bearing in mind only went on sale on Friday morning, just looked on Ticketmaster & only 14 left for Weds & 24 for Sunday and they are platinum ones costing over £300 each…

AC/DC are one of the biggest Rock bands of all time that are still going.. by comparison with download its on par a day but more bands on.. I feel this will be their last tour like Kiss tbh..

For me, it is priceless having seen them originally with Bon Scott once as a ****ager.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post

AC/DC are one of the biggest Rock bands of all time that are still going.. by comparison with download its on par a day but more bands on.. I feel this will be their last tour like Kiss tbh.. .
    Yeah but it’s not the classic line up of AC/DC is it?

It’s a bit like buying a Beatles ticket without John or George or seeing The Who without Moonie or The Ox.

We are just being exploited just like Premier League top clubs become corporate with their prawn sandwiches and 100 quid tickets

Depends on eras that Chalky.. for examples:

AC/DC - Bon vs Brian
    Sabbath - Ozzy vs Dio
    Deep Purple - Gillan vs Coverdale vs Gillan
    (Talking mainstream, yes Gillan was in Sabbath for a short time l know & Rod Evan’s etc excluded)…

As in the 80’s
    Brian
    Dio
    Gillan

Ac/dc is Angus & Brian, the rest could me anyone for me…

There’s no way that Brian is a better front man than Bonn Scot and if you’re gonna see them live then you’ve got to include Malcom in the lineup,although Brian is a worthy replacement for Bonn I can still remember him from his Geordie days in the 70’s,if Angus left then you would be paying 100 odd quid to watch Geordie

No & it’s Bon not the capital of East Germany 😀😀…

The same said I got a refund when Axl Rose did the Manchester gig… Brian & Angus are the front men & that is what the “show” is all around…

Two bands that I will see when they tour the uk is Walk of the Earth and The Dead South,both are wonderful bands who I’ve only just got into over the past couple of years or so so missed out in their gigs the previously ,Dead South are on a world tour right now but haven’t included the uk for some reason which is a pity

The only other gig that I’ve got a ticket for is the Reverend Paytons Big Damn Band who I love,great country/ hillbilly music that really gets you dancing,should have waited before buying though as my ticket Is for Leeds and a few days ago they added Sheffield which is a hours drive away,at £20 a ticket I’m not complaining though

Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain could be on the cards in November in Norwich but I’m weighing up my options for that nearer the time

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    No & it’s Bon not the capital of East Germany 😀😀…
    44 years to the day that Bon passed away,a sad loss to rock

Have a drink on me Bon,Johnson is good but he’s not the real thing mate

Chalky and BDB in a few years time;

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGtIWyAW...jpg&name=small

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)