+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Notts County Players you would like to share a pint with (or have done)

Indeed. For me it felt like a trap that Notts had fallen into and one that was incredibly difficult to get out of. Fantastic that Notts had that magnificent season - and it sure took that to get back into the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I was fortunate enough to know John (Bill) Brindley very well. I first met Bill at People’s College school in the early 60’s. He was two years older than me, so sadly we never played in the same school team. At fif**** he was already head and shoulders above his peers at football, and he left school in Either 1963 or 64 to join Forest.
    Apart from following his career, and watching him from time to time, I had no contact with Bill. After Forest he joined Notts at a good time and played in very good Notts teams. Eventually he left Notts and joined Gillingham but returned to Nottingham at the end of his career. I believe he then worked for the Notts County promotions department, which is when our paths crossed again.
    We worked together at Mann Egerton on Derby Road; where Bill worked in Fleet Sales. During that time we had many a beer together, but football was such a big part of his life, he truly missed playing. It was an honour to be his friend.
    I cannot believe I forgot about drinking with Bill! Played Cricket against him a few times, knew him from the Village and also did the Trent Bridge scoreboard with his Son.

Also forgot about chatting to Fash one night when he parked his pink car outside on double yellows. Think he'd scored the winner that day away from home.

My memories not what it used to be, need a few queues these days, probably headed to many footballs.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456