+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Neil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Is that saying they are rubbish then ???
    I mean - they are just another bunch of free (?) lower league inexperienced players.

If only we went down the Derby route eh.
    Just one of their players will be earning the same as 4 or 5 of our players combined.
    Plus of course there’s the interest to be paid for all the £millions upon £millions of debt.
    But that’s what you get from opinions made by a guy stood on the touch line in a flat cap smoking a tab - but at least his whippet is on a lead..
    Dont dare bring Whippets into this……

Is that saying they are rubbish then ???
    I mean - they are just another bunch of free (?) lower league inexperienced players.

If only we went down the Derby route eh.
    Just one of their players will be earning the same as 4 or 5 of our players combined.
    Plus of course there’s the interest to be paid for all the £millions upon £millions of debt.
    But that’s what you get from opinions made by a guy stood on the touch line in a flat cap smoking a tab - but at least his whippet is on a lead..
    The MLS is about lower Championship level and Fleetwood are at our Third Division level, both players having played a lot of games, so I'm not sure where the "lower league inexperienced players" bit comes from.

Derby have 25,000 home crowds and can afford higher wages.

Persistent standing is not allowed at Oakwell.

Animals are not allowed in the stadium at Oakwell.

I am a non-smoker.

None of your statements relate to the facts
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-02-2024 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The MLS is about lower Championship level and Fleetwood are at our Third Division level, both players having played a lot of games, so I'm not sure where the "lower league inexperienced players" bit comes from.

Derby have 25,000 home crowds and can afford higher wages.

Persistent standing is not allowed at Oakwell.

Animals are not allowed in the stadium at Oakwell.

I am a non-smoker.

None of your statements relate to the facts
    I didn’t mention - standing - smoking - whippet - touch line - in relation to Oakwell.

But in relation to Derby having 25000 crowds so they can pay higher wages.
    Barnsley home crowds are about half that - but yer can bet Derby on average are not paying just double the wages of what Barnsley are paying.
    Some of Derby’s players will be on 3 or 4 times or more what the average Barnsley player is earning.

Which in my view is an important point.

Barnsley could have had much bigger crowds now and also in the past if Patrick had splashed the cash and brought in more expensive players on huge wages.
    But he didn’t - he chose to change how recruitment was carried out - including the attributes the recruitment team look for in a player.
    Which relates directly to tactics on the field and the topic of how Collins is applying those tactics.

Barnsley could be in a similar position to Derby right now if they had done things differently in the past.
    Bigger better stadium - more expensive players - more supporters attending home games.
    And ONE HUNDRED and EIGHTY MILLION POUNDS in debt.
    That’s right - £180 MILLION in debt.

And yet we have our own supporters proclaiming that these directors are not ambitious enough and need to spend more and more money on players and get back to the old recruiting system of sending someone out to check players out.

No chance.
    I’ll go with our present system of doing things.

And yet we have our own supporters proclaiming that these directors are not ambitious enough and need to spend more and more money on players and get back to the old recruiting system of sending someone out to check players out.

No chance.
    I’ll go with our present system of doing things.
    You're telling me we recruit players solely on the basis of spreadsheets and You Tube clips.

i hadn't realised recruitment had got into that state.

It's no wonder we recruited Dallas, Shaw, Watters and Cosgrove as our strike force this season.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-02-2024 at 09:48 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345