+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Barnsley-v-Derby

“Kane would not have got into Ismael’s team”

You are spot on with this comment YN….the ball was never on the ground under Ismael so Kane would have been obsolete!
    Watching us, however successful we were under him was like watching Sheffield Utd under Harry Bassett, thank god it was the COVID season or the hospital would have been over run with fans with neck injuries!

Quote Originally Posted by sbred48 View Post
    russell as mrs overall on acorn antiques--

after a long time shaking and wobbling towards table, "you ordered a pass from midfield" ;d
    pmsl……….

From a Bolton perspective I can’t make my mind up which way I want this to go. A derby win probably knocks you out of the automatics so since we still have a game in hand on them whilst currently level on points that may be the best result for us as it’s the automatic for 2 from 3 rather than four now. Would that be better than a draw though which pegs you both back and should we win at Blackpool on Saturday which we haven’t done for donkeys (no pun intended ��) years would put us 8 pts in front of you on same games played and 2 ahead of Rams with that game in hand. Were you to win it keeps you well in the automatic race and back to 2 from 4 again. Nobody’s going to win all their games so maybe whatever the result it doesn’t change anything but certainly all of the games get harder from here on in even against the bottom teams as they fight for survival so 3 points are essential where you can pick them up.

But we will win every game from now until the end of the season? Enjoy the play offs when we win the league!

Hey perky if you do that bloody well done and you would fully deserve it but since we’d be coming up with you we wouldn’t need the play offs. Actually considering that we contested the play offs last year it would be fitting if it was you and we that secured the automatics and if you beat Derby on Saturday there’s no reason that can’t happen. I still think Pompey will slip up because their luck with very late goals and pens surely can’t continue and they’ve still got to come to the TS yet so it’s still anybodys. Good luck tomorrow I think Derby are there for the taking without their injured strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Russell as Mrs Overall on Acorn Antiques--

After a long time shaking and wobbling towards table, "You ordered a pass from midfield"
    May be a slow pass, but loke the gags…..it always reaches it recipient. …. Not the quickest at running, and covering, i will agree…. But the quickest feet in the team…… it hits his boot, and rarely doesnt find a team mate.
    His time will come.

Jon "Two Soups" Russell.

I'm currently banished to the balcony at our hotel room whilst the wife packs our suitcases , apparently I get in the way and she will forget things and leave them behind which in turn will ultimately be my fault if she does .

It's a breezy morning here in Fuerteventura currently around 20 degrees , we don't take off until 3pm so it's a case of killing time , hence why I've broken my golden rule of not going on the internet whilst on holiday .

I'll not know our score until we land at East Midlands around 7.15 tonight but hopefully it's a positive result .

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world and personally I think a play off place is probably where we will end up but a convincing win today and I suppose the momentum from that could push us further , who knows .

Best of luck to the lads today .

Main point Animal - what’s tha reckon to
    Fuerteventura ?
    I’ve never been.
    BTW it’s know as a windy island.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Main point Animal - what’s tha reckon to
    Fuerteventura ?
    I’ve never been.
    BTW it’s know as a windy island.
    It was breezy first two days and then pretty calm until yesterday and this morning , put it this way I'm brown as a berry and the temperature this week was between 22 when breezy and 26 when it's calm , thas got pinch thi sen when tha remembers it's February .

We've stopped down in Corralejo and it's a fantastic resort , we popped over to Lanzarote on Tuesday , it's 35 minutes on the ferry and the ferry was ten minutes walk from our hotel and drops you off in Plays Blanca .

There's only one other resort really on the island Caleta De Fuesta which is mainly a Brit resort , down here in Corralejo it attracts holidaymakers from all over so you get a wide choice of restaurants and what have you which we prefer .

My only criticism is we like to get about , we have one day on the sun lounger and the next we like to get about a bit so it's a bit limited on Fuerteventura compared to the Costa Del Sol where you've got Belamadena , Torromolinos , Marbella , Malaga , Fuengirola , Mijas all within easy distance on a train or bus , you can even easily get to Gibraltar or across the water to Morocco if you want .

We've really enjoyed it but a week here for us is probably enough where as on the Costa Del Sol a fortnight isn't anywhere near enough .

Probably give Lanzarote a go next winter .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast